My bees think it's summer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14C here and I haven't checked the apiary the last two days as the vandal cattle are now safely mewed up in the cattle courts. The day after my operation the sods broke the fence down for the grass on the apiary side. Thankfully the farm rallied round and put it to rights for me. Last time I looked though the tan backs were obvious so they are getting plenty from that.

PH

Yes, long may it continue, much to my surprise really, mine were still finding good pollen a couple of days ago before the rain came.

My bees don’t. Cloudy and very little flying here.
Yes you have had a rough spell, we've had some better than expected days over here. The sun even poked its face out for an hour or two late morning today as the wind abated a little - different story now though.

Overwhelming smell of ivy coming from the hives and tons of yellow pollen :party-smiley-050: .

The bees were actually bearding under the hives in the home apiary yesterday afternoon, its a shame it cools down so early in the evening.

Same here Enrico, I’ve not seen this much pollen go in at this time of year before. The bees are tumbling over one another at the reduced entrances - it’s quite comical

Bees bringing in loads of ivy pollen today 2 out of 3 hives taking feed though, still some way to go before they are ready for winter.

My hive still has loads of bees in. I have been feeding syrup for the past few weeks. Will they start to reduce in numbers? Surly the syrup will not last long with this many bee's still going?

Attachments

• bees.jpg
    bees.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back