More help on cells.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig1961

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
HI. A mate called me today to his wife had seen hugh amount of bees heading off into the distance. He was preparing to make a desision on an A/S this evening, but we think she has gone. Sealed cells in hive. I went straight to my strong hive to do inspection. The are the devils spawn, but I persevered and found a few 'play cells' but one looks as if it is filled with a creamy white (Royal Jelly?).
The bee inspector came to us both last Friday. He was happy with my bees and showed no concern about swarming. I gather I have a supercedure cell and am tempted to leave well alone. However, in various books they warn that if and egg has been laid in cup, swarming is in gear.
Sorry I have no photos. Bees bobarding my relentlesley. Stung 3 times as well. Did not see HM although the bee inspector said he had marked her white. Seems loads of bees there. I think she is in there. Any advice on the next step would be very grateful.
Craig
:bigear:

play cups with an egg does not mean swarm mode however if it is charged with royal jelly then a swarm is imminent if it is a swarm not a supersedure QC

3 stings is hardly vicious. Trust me.

300... heading there...

PH

Back