Mono floral honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The R value of holly is 50
OSR is 150 which makes the percentage of each nectar 86% for OSR and 13% for Holly.
Actually That’s rubbish. There is a lot of holly nectar in there. My apologies but not enough to be 45%.

Last edited:
I know the difference between osr, if you think where my bees are and the forage available there is loads of Holly up here, and last year which is when the sample was taken the Holly was covered in honey bees humming Infact me and the lad sat watching the girls working the Holly then returning to the hives.
Flying in the face of the science then ? ... What you think and what the Pollen analysis tells you are divergent.

Flying in the face of the science then ? ... What you think and what the Pollen analysis tells you are divergent.
Bees will fly a heck of a long way to a prolific nectar source, seen it my self on heather and seen it reported the same for OSR, bees flying stupid distances to forage, especially if the apiary is situated in a barren, poor forage area.

Bees will fly a heck of a long way to a prolific nectar source, seen it my self on heather and seen it reported the same for OSR, bees flying stupid distances to forage, especially if the apiary is situated in a barren, poor forage area.
:iagree: mine have little choice most of the time, incredibly they manage even though the weather is often against them too.

@PeaBee morning folks just recently peabee posted some percentages of Certian honey types which was a requirement to make them one type of honey could you forward anymore details on the subject pls, I thought it would be interesting for all and me to read and learn more.
Thanks
Cgf

I mix my monofloral honey, because mostly one flower honey does not taste much. It is impossible to make forecast, from where bees have foraged the crop. If some part is missing, like summer rape, the result is different than on previours years. In these hot summers honey dew has given biggest surprises to the end result.

It’s percentage of pollen

There are much pollen plants in the picture, which does not give nectar at all.

Then, bees eate pollen all the time. The picture does not tell, what kind of pollen they use from early spring to autumn.

Filipendula, it is not a nectar plant. Did it bloom at the same time when the most honey yield was stored. Or what does it tell to us?

Last edited:
There are much pollen plants in the picture, which does not give nectar at all.

Then, bees eate pollen all the time. The picture does not tell, what kind of pollen they use from early spring to autumn.

Filipendula, it is not a nectar plant. Did it bloom at the same time when the most honey yield was stored. Or what does it tell to us?
Exactly what Philip said.

Margaret’s book is coming out this week you’ll be able to do your own slides and interpretation
Then you can have a separate round sticker to put on top of the jar
1D2121D2-09EB-49BC-A242-2489DE40D584.jpeg

Latest posts

Back