Mike Palmer talks to us about 'Brood Factories'

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone watching?

I was a little surprised by the apparent total lack of insulation in MPs hives, other than the 8 inches of snow lying on the thin timber roofs.

Was disappointed to miss this as a late finish at work. Hats of to Cambridge BKA they have put on some great talks over the last year or so. Dont know if any cbka members on here but if so well done and thanks for opening them up to the wider public.

Was disappointed to miss this as a late finish at work. Hats of to Cambridge BKA they have put on some great talks over the last year or so. Dont know if any cbka members on here but if so well done and thanks for opening them up to the wider public.
I think Mike has done the talk before I think it's available on YouTube.

Thanks Michael. Interesting though. 😊

You see, I was invited to a meeting to speak to the group. It was run by a famous honey bee lecturer and teacher and publisher. He did the first talk and then I had two. He sent me the agenda and...he stole my title. I asked him not to but no dice. So I changed the title of my presentation for that meeting and another he was involved with. He still loves the word,"Sustainable".

You see, I was invited to a meeting to speak to the group. It was run by a famous honey bee lecturer and teacher and publisher. He did the first talk and then I had two. He sent me the agenda and...he stole my title. I asked him not to but no dice. So I changed the title of my presentation for that meeting and another he was involved with. He still loves the word,"Sustainable".
Think of it as him standing on the shoulders of a giant, Michael ;)

Pity about the use of the sustainable apiary tag when someone else is already well known for it but he does produce some good books and articles!

Yeah, nice books and articles. How would it strike you if you saw your photographs in his books...with no attribution?
Well I wouldnt be throwing good money at the situation in the hope of getting something back. Wouldn't be best pleased with him either and I can assure you the bridge would be burnt for all time.

—------------

There was a small Florida based beekeeper who used one of my photos of a queen reared here in the UK to advertise his own 'local' queens. The same photo (of a queen raised by grafting/cell builder/mating hive) had previously been used on the Web page of a 'natural' beekeeping organisation, again, without permission or attribution.

FB_IMG_1639747807931.jpg

Last edited:

The zoom was recorded. I believe it will be available to CBKA members on our website, but I am not certain.

Latest posts

Back