mentor wanted in essex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barry

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi my wife and i want to keep bees next year and would like to spend this year helping and learning from an experienced keeper along with doing a course with ebka. we live in colchester so if you keep bees nearby and wish to pass on your knowledge please get in touch.

barry & tracy

thanks hopefully get someone a bit nearer home but much appreciated

hi my wife and i want to keep bees next year and would like to spend this year helping and learning from an experienced keeper along with doing a course with ebka. we live in colchester so if you keep bees nearby and wish to pass on your knowledge please get in touch.

barry & tracy
Why not contact the colchester Division of the essex beekepers ,address is on thier webpage,
Regards,
Stephen.bee-smillie

have been in touch with ebka still waiting to hear if there is anyone prepared to take us

Hi Barry,welcome to the forum.
A few of the BKA's can be a little slow to reply at times.
See if you can find a timetable for them and turn up at a meeting or find the secretaries number and give them a buzz.
It may just help to show you are keen past the initial enquiry stage.

cheers but already phoned a few weeks ago. good news is starting a course next week fingers crossed. but if anyone local would still like to give us extra tuition that would be great.

Last edited:
is there no one near colchester prepared to share thier knowledge with us. Have been going to lessons with the ebka but there is a large group and the man taking it (Derek) is doing a sterling job but it would be nice to get a less crowded learning experience and relieve some of the pressure for Derek, so come on give us a chance.:willy_nilly:

Not sure if you are still looking, but if you are, I'm based near Southend and have various hives dotted around SE Essex (the closest to you is in Hullbridge)

I'm more than happy to help out

Latest posts

Back