Manchester Mad for it!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please see the original thread - in the "Media" section ...

Thanks everyone!

Well, that was an experience.

Arrived at the Printworks, to be joined by half a dozen people form a hippy commune near Swansea. They have one hive there, and a couple of really savvy women working it. But all the attention was on one of the blokes, who hadn't done beekeeping before. He - and the group - had set up the bee friendly gardens in the roof of he Printworks.

But all the interest was on this guy; BBC Radio Manchester were first - and we're all over him. Totally ignored yours truly for a while - till I cornered the reporter and had a natter about Who I Am. Then Granada TV similar. But they couldn't ignore the fact that I was doing the inspection bit.

So I sidled up to one of this guy's mates and asked what his background was.

Only turns out to be someone called "Bez" - a pop star fom the 80's, part of some group called "Happy Monday" and second group later.

Well, how was I to know? Never been known to be down and groovy with the kids! Apparently Bez had been something of an inspiration for this Printworks project. And is well known in eccentric circles.

So, it went ok. Just caught a 2 minute slot on the BBC local tv news - in which they did show the Cathedral and gave me about a 30 second slot.

Should be on again this evening and possible a bit on the local Granada news.

Ah well 30 seconds of fame......

Dusty.

Back