Manchester Cathedral Apiary; By Appointment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, one and all, for your kind words and advice about knighthoods.

I might just miss that out and go straight for a peerage.

Dusty

PeeRage?

Try some cystitis treatment.

By my arithmetic, JBM, that makes you 9,789,563rd in line to the throne ! You may have a bit of a wait !
But i may have a bit of a cunning plan! :D remember that old Carlo has his little Welsh retreat - only a few miles away from Brynmair

Me ... well, my ancestors were Bonnie Prince Charlie's most ardent followers and when he stood on the beach, before heading off to Skye, he asked 'who are my most loyal followers ?' ...naturally, the Argyle's stuck up their hands and BPC said 'OK lads, stay here and watch my behind - I'll be back to reward you later'.... we're still waiting !
Bet you he didn't say it in English - or Scottish, being |Polish/French/Italian through and through I heard. Bit like some of their modern patriots like Sean Connery. All well and good ranting 'Freedom' from your cosy Florida/Rome luxury mansion :D

Bet you he didn't say it in English - or Scottish, being |Polish/French/Italian through and through I heard. Bit like some of their modern patriots like Sean Connery. All well and good ranting 'Freedom' from your cosy Florida/Rome luxury mansion :D

I always say to my brother - who still lives in Scotland - "the only Scots with Get Up and Go have got up and left Scotland".

For some strange reason it annoys him...:)

No Nobel blood in me just a Viking who raped and pillaged the UK, forgot about the other side who were French that counts for nowt

Sound,s like to many people living in the past.

I always say to my brother - who still lives in Scotland - "the only Scots with Get Up and Go have got up and left Scotland".
/QUOTE]

Following a long tradition ... after we got dumped on the beach by the Young Pretender we headed South to Derby (which, as you historians will know, is as far South as we got with BPC in the '45 before things started to petre out).

Presumably moving south to the the prospect of a warm southern climate and soft southerners was appealing to my highland ancestors. We settled in a nice little Derbyshire village called Heage and prospered - there is strong documentary evidence from the time that 'prospering' was more from highway robbery of unsuspecting travellers along the Derby-Belper turnpike than it was from any legitimate activity ! The family fairly rapidly established a home in Heage Hall (which still exists) surrounded by 100 acres bordered by Argyle's Brook and Bowling Alley Brook. However, the family motto probably stems from the method of achieving prosperity ... 'Rapto Vivens' ... Living by Plunder.

For my branch of the lineage ... it's been all down hill since then !

Partly thanks to the commander of the Revenue Cutter Diligence who raised the alarm at Pembroke - the Head of The customs service in the area was also commander of the local yeomanry and the cannon from the Diligence were landed and hauled overland to Fishguard.

Positive on all fronts - not only for his honey and future elevation (and not by the neck!) but for starting a thread that has drifted from honey by Royal appointment, through family trees and the young pretender to giving johnny crapaud a sound thrashing - Hurrah!

Well done dusty its always good to hear a posative story

Thank you, village girl.

Kind of you to return this thread to its origin.

Instead, it got high jacked by that egocentric narcissist JBM,
who turned it into a thread about himself,
when it was meant to be about me, me, me!

Dusty

Thank you, village girl.

Kind of you to return this thread to its origin.

Instead, it got high jacked by that egocentric narcissist JBM,
who turned it into a thread about himself,
when it was meant to be about me, me, me!

Dusty

Mmm......... Correct :biggrinjester:

Well done Dusty. That has certainly established the price of your honey, so if your crop is small to modest, then aim high.

If your crop was large, aim high for longer. There must be a lot of devoted visitors to MC that might imagine that it has been endowed with healing or other properties to rival Manuka!

Latest posts

Back