Maisemore bees-online delayed delivery?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only KBS for foundation IMHO

Having recently got my first KBS foundation, I have to agree that it does appear to be very good.

I've also very recently had orders that were over a week from placement to dispatch from both Paynes (poly roofs temp sold out) and Thorne (just plain busy). To be expected at Sale time, but a surprise in mid-season.
And I was sure that I'd ordered enough kit in the New Year sales … wrong! :icon_204-2:

Having recently got my first KBS foundation, I have to agree that it does appear to be very good.

I had some last year and I must say it smells lovely and looks good. This year the bees have been happy to use any old foundation I've given them, even really old stuff discovered when I cleared the shed out.
However, for cut comb....it's the best (apart from the bees' own, of course)

Trouble is they don't think. Don't think they may be the cause of the shortages in the supply chain. They are; simple as that.

Trouble is they don't think. Don't think they may be the cause of the shortages in the supply chain. They are; simple as that.

I respectfully and most humbly request your apologies for my moronic behaviour oh great one.

Add N@tional Bee Supplies to that list.

Really Sh!t service and a very bad attitude to boot from the owner.

It was my first order with them, 2000 frames and it will be my last.

Never again !!

Also, Thank you for your kind help and encouragement to us new Beekeepers who are still finding our feet. Here is a quote for the direct message you recently sent me, oh how I wish I was as perfect as you:

Quoting' oliver90owner' RAB direct message:

"You are cleary literate - unless someone else is reading the forum for you. Presumably you do have at least one beekeeping book (and preferably more than one)? I told you more than enough for you to read up what you were clearly planning to omit. It now seems (from one of your responses on the forum) that you are not even sure what manipulation you had carried out.
How can you expect to get the right advice if you are likely asking about something .
I was presuming you are actually a grown up adult who can look in a book for the known missing steps. I am sorry if I presumed too much".

Also, Thank you for your kind help and encouragement to us new Beekeepers who are still finding our feet. Here is a quote for the direct message you recently sent me, oh how I wish I was as perfect as you:

Quoting' oliver90owner' RAB direct message:

"You are cleary literate - unless someone else is reading the forum for you. Presumably you do have at least one beekeeping book (and preferably more than one)? I told you more than enough for you to read up what you were clearly planning to omit. It now seems (from one of your responses on the forum) that you are not even sure what manipulation you had carried out.
How can you expect to get the right advice if you are likely asking about something .
I was presuming you are actually a grown up adult who can look in a book for the known missing steps. I am sorry if I presumed too much".

Father Fox asked a perfectly sensible question and is possibly a new bee why does he deserve such an abusive reply if you cannot give friendly advice why bother replying

Taylan,

You clearly have not seen that particular thread and my clear and precise on-forum reply before I PMed the poster as he was taking no notice or doing something entirely different. Well I never, it now pops up here out of context and clearly sh1t stirring.

I PMed him simply because he was acting ckith and I thought it better to enlighten him off-forum, rather than via the beginners section. I will sort out the particular posts to which that applied, if you cannot work it out yourself and really want to see how that arose. At least my last sentence was appropriate

Unfortunately that particular PM has been deleted as my PMs need clearing out fairly regularly, so I can not even confirm whether the PM has been posted in entirety or edited. Perhaps 23 different threads over a period of, what, 42 days might indicate a lack of reading elsewhere. It certainly suggests it to me.

Edited again. Try the thrad on 13 May regarding an A/S which was not even completed, demonstrating a total lack of following simple instructions, so likely not read up at all on the topic. Some of that thread was subsequently removed by moderators, btw.

Last edited:
Quoting direct message:
Before I run for cover......

PMs are private, surely? Shouldn't issues be dealt with in that context rather than airing them on the forum?
You can always ask Admin or Hivemaker to adjudicate if you feel the need.

Now...I'll run for cover.

:leaving:

Quite right, a PM is just that, Private

I don't believe that PM's should be a vehicle for private abuse.

If o90o's advice was being ignored, and he was irritated by the poster, a much more appropriate response would have been the use of the "Ignore User" facility.

The 'private message' that I received from 'RAB' came completely out of the blue in response to a totally innocuous post.
I am a newbie and was shocked at reading the message.
It came across as very pompous, arrogant and unfriendly.
But I didn't reply at the time, instead I just ignored it.
Then in this post. Rab again seemed to have something against us newbie beeks, and this time I am not going to ignore it.
We are just learning. We would like helpful polite encouragement.
99 per cent of responses are helpful.
I fact, it is only Rab that I have had any problems with. Everyone else has been fab.
To be fair, Rabs responses have been very informative and useful also, but occasionally slip into the pompous egotistical language of a crap 1950's style old school teacher who taunts his less able pupils and thinks that this approach counts as legit education.
I know that I have a lot to learn.
I hope that Rab can now appreciate that they also have a lot to learn.

Father Fox asked a perfectly sensible question and is possibly a new bee why does he deserve such an abusive reply if you cannot give friendly advice why bother replying

I repeat. The quality of the advice here is often in inverse proportion to the charm with which it is given.

By the way, you're all MAHVELLOUS, DAHLINGS.

I fact, it is only Rab that I have had any problems with. Everyone else has been fab.

Just for fun, start a post asking how to mix 1:1 syrup and see what happens... :- )

Last edited:
Wow, no response from RAB. I was expecting some abuse in return.
Maybe a lesson has been learnt?
I have learnt a lot from RAB about beekeeping.
Thank you!
Let's be friends

I must say I find RABS posts an honest reply and personaly like his style. Having read them over many years, he cuts to the chase and I believe tries to get the beek answering to work through the problem and arrive at a good answer. This approach obviously may come across as abrupt but should be a positive for the future.
Just my thoughts
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I must say I find RABS posts an honest reply and personaly like his style. Having read them over many years, he cuts to the chase and I believe tries to get the beek answering to work through the problem and arrive at a good answer. This approach obviously may come across as abrupt but should be a positive for the future.
Just my thoughts
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yep. I have no problem with abrupt but constructive replies, it's the abusive personal message that particularly grated. He is obviously very knowledgable about beekeeping. There are, however, other forms of intellect that are worth having; as well as manners and common courtesy.

So c'mon, where was the abuse. Purely factual, my PM, and rather stated what you had said on the forum - that you were not sure what you had done. It has since been well borne out by 24 threads in about 42 days with only 44 posts (gone up a bit now), with about ten or maybe a dozen on this one single thread.

Do you know, I might consider it trolling if if were not for your obvious lack of anything other than asking questions, where you are not just obviously out of your depth but snorkelling along the bottom.

I did not call you any names, just stated a few facts and tried to get across to you that as you appeared to be an adult, I could presume just like you did. I was clearly wrong in my presumption you are totally unable to help yourself. Not even really sure of your age status now. I have it fairly low at the present time. That about sums up my thoughts, so I will go away now and leave you to await your order from wherever it might eventually be despatched and long may you be waiting.

Perhaps, if you last until next year, you will have learned something - to get yor orders in early because there will be a load of new starters ordering late and not getting the kit until long after it was actually needed. You are at about beesrob level for my assessment of your ability. Purely my personal assessment, but I have seen enough of your ilk to be fairly good at getting them fairly close, if not spot on.

Perhaps after your 24th new thread, you may have heard of google. Maybe learned about two things recently.

Have a good day.

Latest posts

Back