Maisemore bees-online delayed delivery?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Father Fox

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Is anybody else's Maisemore order taking ages to be delivered?

Have you got foundation ordered?
I put in an order and got a message at the check out to say that because of a shortage of foundation orders would be delayed. If you wanted your stuff quickly they suggested you create a separate order for foundation.

They ran out of worker super foundation and were trying to sell all their drone foundation off! I see on another thread someone was sent it by mistake! Wonder if that was maisemore?
E

Might explain why they sent me drone foundation

As per my thread earlier today

How long do maisemore usually take to deliver items that were listed as 'in stock' ?

I can only speak from personal experience. My last order was with me 48hours after ordering. Why don't you ring them?

I have emailed twice - no reply.

Maybe they are just busy.

But it would be nice to have some sort of response.

I will give them an old fashioned telephone call in the morning.
Maybe their computer system has failed?

I had an issue which turned out to be with the courier - they were super at sorting it for me, just give them a call...

After a phonecall with a chap at Maisemore (who I felt quite sorry for), it appears they are inundated with orders, and running at least 2 weeks behind. Not enough foundation, not enough stock. They are not making this clear when you put the orders in on the website, so beware. They have a sale day in a week or so, and not much stock to sell so - in a bit of a pickle.

Foundation

I made a large order of brood foundation a few weeks ago and was advised they were inundated with orders and advised to consider shopping around. I like the fact that Mais*** only make top quality foundation and ordered the foundation.
I was still in desperate need of foundation and already begged and borrowed 70 sheets.
Th***es are only 40/50 miles away so I had a drive out and bought some from stock although it did come straight off the press with none on display.
The original order from Mais*** came within two weeks.
I usually plan well ahead but have made up sixteen brood boxes this year on top of regular come changes.

I buy supplies for our local association shop.

All the UK suppliers I've dealt with are inundated with orders.

We've sold more woodwork and foundation so far this year than all of last year.

Certainly means a good year for the bees.

Get your order in early is all I can suggest.

Simon

It's all the newbies that have not thought ahead. Also, I suppose, some of the second year beeks , likewise.

After that they realise (well most of them) that thinking (ahead) is worthwhile and a bit like common sense (is he still alive they say?). That will be the beeks who realise thinking is part of beekeeping. The rest are now awaiting delivery. I really have little sympathy, to be honest!

Never mind RAB, some of them will make it to be excellent beekeepers, some will fall by the wayside. It's the manner of things.

It would be a lot easier to pop into your local beekeeping shop and pick up what you need, I wonder how beekeepers use to shop before the internet and debit cards.

Yep, I am a newbie.
:sorry:

I am not worthy
Not worthy

Last edited:
Back