Looks like panic buying is the new national sport

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to mention that the container is traditional and reusable, and the label can be recycled.

Last edited:
surely vegans cannot eat honey? if they cannot eat eggs, that are just abandoned by the hens then honey that is swapped for sugar must be a no no,....? What I want to know is what will they be able to eat when they realise plants can feel... and react to bees flying by ?

Try to fit " Artisan beekeeper" in there somewhere.

What’s the general pricing over the other side of London?
At market mine is £9/340 and pro rata; a small contract I have sells 235g at £8 in the pub below the hives, and the same in a local deli.

Local Honey Man are selling Rapeseed 340 at £11.20 and Heather 340 at £11.88, but infused 340 honeys at £9.20 and bog standard at £8.60.

London Honey Co. have London Honey at £10/250g. Bermondsey Street Bees don't have London in stock, but Essex dark is £12 for 330g.

A useful exercise is to assess price rises by increments of pence per gramme. For example, mine is 2.647p/g, and the calculator works out options.

At market mine is £9/340 and pro rata; a small contract I have sells 235g at £8 in the pub below the hives, and the same in a local deli.

Local Honey Man are selling Rapeseed 340 at £11.20 and Heather 340 at £11.88, but infused 340 honeys at £9.20 and bog standard at £8.60.

London Honey Co. have London Honey at £10/250g. Bermondsey Street Bees don't have London in stock, but Essex dark is £12 for 330g.

A useful exercise is to assess price rises by increments of pence per gramme. For example, mine is 2.647p/g, and the calculator works out options.

incredible...ill have to revisit my £5 per 340g

My wife says it just proves that southerners have more money than sense. That's probably how she managed to snare me, mind you.

i guess we sell to a shop for £5 who sell on for £6.95
Local Honey Man raised prices recently, but I'm pretty sure it had no impact on sales.

There's a perception that a price ceiling unchanged much since 1976 is immovable, that if the seller reaches a certain price - say, £7/227 in Sussex - that jars will stay on the shelves.

For that reason I've delayed going to £10/340 on the basis that two digits might slow sales, but really that's irrational thinking. My prices will rise and I'm confident customers will not blink; remember, ours are used to paying more for quality.

Try adding 20p every couple of years; by 2026 you'll have reached £6/340 and done everyone a favour.

No that's a step too far ... the punters will be bringing the jars back for refilling !

You would just be following the eco-trend, part of a sustainable system. the "Bring Your Own Container" concept was reborn in 2006 in London, and in Paris there are 1,000 litre capacity machines allowing shoppers to fill their own wine bottles.

incredible...ill have to revisit my £5 per 340g

And me; £5 (= no retail overheads) per 454g from my sales box on the roadside verge. Mind you, that round figure has a convenience value for the customer. If I change it to £5.50 or £6, passing trade would find it a nuisance and maybe drive past.

Attachments

• 225AD702-F303-4FAE-8FA9-B42831DA929C.jpeg
    225AD702-F303-4FAE-8FA9-B42831DA929C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back