Looks like panic buying is the new national sport

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Well, we've had the Brexit Sh!t ticket stockpilers, followed by pasta hoarders and then the traditional stashing of corned beef followed by tinned fartleberries and saradines. It's been quiet for a while but..............
I went to deliver a case of honey to one of my retailers this morning (a week earlier than usual) I was there not long after she opened so we had the shop to ourselves
"tell me" she said, checking over my shoulder to see in case anyone else had walked in behind me "is it true they're forecasting a national honey shortage?" Looks like the Tawe valley beekeepers are getting their doom and gloom in early and forecasting a crop failure before the brambles have even budded - a few had been in the shop already this week buying double or even quadruple their usual honey orders 'just to keep a few spare in case"

I was just debating with my wife (the pharmacist) how much to put some of our first 2021 honey on sale for. The price has just gone up. We’ve done different labels for the two hives we extracted from and so naturally people will have to buy two jars each 😄

Attachments

• AFD6D92E-4E60-4D5B-9201-9B64600E75C9.jpeg
    AFD6D92E-4E60-4D5B-9201-9B64600E75C9.jpeg
    745.8 KB · Views: 108
That's a good idea. I'll start spreading the word too;)
So... my new advertising ' Fine unfiltered unprocessed natural raw honey with pollen' label is going to have to be a bit bigger in order to get in 'Last few jars buy it quick' then ....eeeek

So... my new advertising ' Fine unfiltered unprocessed natural raw honey with pollen' label is going to have to be a bit bigger in order to get in 'Last few jars buy it quick' then ....eeeek
What about "hand harvested" Philip?
Looks like you may have to sell your honey in kilo jars just to get the labels on!

Rats ... knew I'd forgotten something... back to the printer...

" Raw organic honey hand harvested by a vegan, organic beekeeper" has a certain ring to it, don't you think?
And a certain aroma as well...:cool:

" Raw organic honey hand harvested by a vegan, organic beekeeper" has a certain ring to it, don't you think?
And a certain aroma as well...:cool:
Oh blimey.. I'm going to have to reprint again ... I forgot the bit about my bees being totally vegan (I might not mention the fact that the beekeeper isn't )

"Fine unfiltered unprocessed natural raw honey, with pollen, hand harvested from vegan organic honey bees - last few jars better buy it quick"

Has a certain ring to it don't you think .... it will need to go in very small print to get it on the lid of my 1 ounce jars that are going up in price to £5 a jar ....

Oh blimey.. I'm going to have to reprint again ... I forgot the bit about my bees being totally vegan (I might not mention the fact that the beekeeper isn't )

"Fine unfiltered unprocessed natural raw honey, with pollen, hand harvested from vegan organic honey bees - last few jars better buy it quick"

Has a certain ring to it don't you think .... it will need to go in very small print to get it on the lid of my 1 ounce jars that are going up in price to £5 a jar ....
Are your bees the only ones who don't enjoy a bit of cannibalism from time to time?

You forgot "pure"

Fine pure unfiltered unprocessed natural raw honey, with pollen, hand harvested from vegan organic honey bees - last few jars better buy it quick"

I'll leave out the bit about bees being cannibals... might upset the hand ringers...

Fine pure unfiltered unprocessed natural raw honey, with pollen, hand harvested from vegan organic honey bees - last few jars better buy it quick"

I'll leave out the bit about bees being cannibals... might upset the hand ringers...
You need the "last few jars better buy it quick" on a separate fluorescent label then you can put it on a few of the jars every time you re-stock your outlets.

Oh and you need to change the word harvested to saying the bees collect the honey themselves and donated it to you as rent for the space their hive occupies.

Don't forget to put " artisan" in there somewhere
Yep ... that's another must have on the label ...

Fine pure unfiltered unprocessed artisan natural raw honey, with pollen, hand harvested from vegan organic honey bees - last few jars better buy it quick"

Yep ... that's another must have on the label ...

Fine pure unfiltered unprocessed artisan natural raw honey, with pollen, hand harvested from vegan organic honey bees - last few jars better buy it quick"

Abbreviated:: FPUUANRHWPHHFVOHB

Back