Looking to Buy a Local Queen - North East London

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidharradine

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Replacing the missing thread...

Is there anyone in north east London or hereabouts who is rearing queens? I fairly urgently need to requeen one of my colonies before going away on 3rd June

Many thanks

David

No, it isn't missing, but I'd prefer for the thread to be here (hello administrator - please don't move this one)... the Queens Wanted/For Sale forum has had 3 posts this year, which seems pretty much like an annual average, as opposed to the 3 per minute on this forum.

So this seems to me to be the place to be asking about anything, if you want a reply.

So... thanks everyone, the original question, and urgency, remains.

David

Though I see you point that it's more likely to be seen here things have their places else everyone would just post what they like where they like and this place would be a mess, so I can see admin removing you new post and warning you not to do it again.

David, anyone with queens for sale will, no doubt, be keeping an eye on the relevant forum (i.e - queens wanted/for sale)

and all new posts appear under appear under "New Posts", regarless of thread, forum, race, creed or colour.

Mind I suspect this thread wont be about for very long.

Though I see you point that it's more likely to be seen here things have their places else everyone would just post what they like where they like and this place would be a mess, so I can see admin removing you new post and warning you not to do it again.

:) have you SEEN this forum? I'd hardly say it's a carefully constructed centre of organisation!

This forum is brilliant and I think everone would agree that Admin does a brilliant job.
He works really hard.

Michael

Oh dear, this has really gone off topic. My point - which was just a joke - was that the forum is jam packed full of stuff all the time. I found previous comments about "you can't just go putting stuff anywhere" a bit petty, to be frank, given how many new threads flood into the forum on a daily basis, often repeating existing recent threads...

... which is not a problem. My point was that if users start to get hung up on how we choose to communicate with each other, and precisely where we place things, it could become an impossible thing to administrate.

I was getting my Queens from a Beekeeper in Broxborne Hertfordshire, they are of a mixed local bee based on an italian strain

However with London mixed strain drones , from everything from Hawaiian Italians to Hungarian Carnies, local in london means nothing. Each drone pool is so different,and that can change very quickly with imported queens from anywhere and package bees being poured in beginners hives without are reguard for other beekeepers

i have an apiary where any local new-queen crosses are Apis Horilibus but three miles away the crosses are calm and gentle, move QC from that same doner queen to my apiary and.......ahhhhhhhhhh, any queen's offspring becomes 100yd follower queenright and 200yds queenless

we have think we have sussed it to our Swarm Isolation apiary, so may cull the our more aggressive aquistions

Last edited:
Back