Looking for local beekeepers(nottingham/derby)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbrown

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all,

I'm looking to speak with and possibly meet local beekeepers to help me learn more about bees and beekeeping.

I'm 24 and live in long eaton (ng10)

I have been fascinated by bees from a very young age, and recently met a very nice keeper who has kindly offered to set me up with my first hive and colony.... But requests I do some more research etc first.... My problem being, I struggle to learn by reading and do better either listening/seeing or doing...

If anybody can help, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Hi JBrown,

It's pretty difficult to keep bees without having a book. If you buy Ted Hooper's 'Guide to Bees and Honey' you can read just through the 'year in the apiary' section as the year goes by. Also if you join a BKA you may be able to arrange for a mentor to help you out, and you will learn a lot from demonstrations at club meetings.

Finally, if you have a look at youtube there are a few good series. 'A year in the life of the apiary' by Prof. Keith Delaplane and there are a few good videos aimed at beginners.

Also 'The Beevlog is a good channel'

I really hope this helps,

M

Latest posts

Back