Looking for Corex nuc box

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Does anyone know of a supplier of Corex nuc boxes that don't have advertising printed on them ?
In the past I have used solway bee supplies but it looks like their online shop is no longer trading.

BS honeybees do the DN4 but they are out of stock, or Becks bees but they have advertising or cardboard from bee equipment, langstroth.

Last edited:
I bought 30 from BS Honey bees for a good discount. Need to call them up for the better rates but they are out of stock at the moment.

They have branding though.

Id be up for chipping in on a minimum order from Alibaba!

Its annoying that the vast majority are 5 frame though.

6 frame national would be much better.

I'll buy some if you find a good deal.

Hi Mark, we have loads of stock I just haven't had a moment to program in all the new shipping rates (impending new arrival shortly). Ours have branding though as Laurence said. Bee Man took a pallet of plain white ones off us last month, maybe he has some going spare?

Further to the 6 frame suggestion, we can produce tooling for it but when your looking at minimum order 640 for a fair price its going to be money tied up in a very slow moving product. Unless anyone is willing to commit and we can certainly move forward with it?

All the China factories on Alibaba don't make them in National (and infact several have stolen mine / others images). They are using Hive Doctor (NZ) Langstroth boxes in their picture and I would be surprised if any of them have actually made a correx travel box. Ones I were quoted minimum of a container load.

Dan

Last edited:
Bates - Ill take 5%-10% of the order if you go down the 6 frame route

Happy to pay upfront.

The manlake cardboard jobbies take six frames at a squeeze, they're made for langstroth but hold nationals with a cardboard insert as sold by bee-equipment.

Not overly keen on the cardboard ones. I think they are a handy tool for collecting swarms and prefer them not to be a disposable product.

Better for the environment though I guess.

It's quite good to wave a box goodbye without any expectation of a return, a deposit or an extra thirty quid on the price of a nuc. I bought a pile at just over a fiver a few years ago and I'm coming to the end of them now and see the price has risen to nearer fifteen quid, at this price you might as well go for the more permanently useful poly options.

What's the best price on corex, anyone know? Seen poly nuc at about £18.00

Silly question - why are the 6 frame so much better than the 5 frame Nucs?

I get the impression people prefer to buy 6 frame nucs.

Most poly nucs are built for 6 frames so if you sell one and its goes in a 5 frame nuc you have to give them the other frame of stores in a plastic bag!

It can get messy!

... Most poly nucs are built for 6 frames so if you sell one and its goes in a 5 frame nuc you have to give them the other frame of stores in a plastic bag!

It can get messy!

No, you don’t have to do that! They buy a 5-frame nuc, and that’s that. They can fill empty space with dummy boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then I get left with a frame and the bees are left without sometimes 50% of there stores.

I think most will agree a 6 frame nuc is preferable over a 5 frame for the same price

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

But they shouldn't be the same price !

We find that sales of 5 and 6 frame nucs are about even.

Last edited:
Yeah thats a fair point.

I suppose I have caused the issue for myself as ALL my nucs are 6 frames and I can only seem to get hold of 5 frame correx.

If I started with 5 frame nucs I wouldnt have the issue.

Then I get left with a frame and the bees are left without sometimes 50% of there stores.

Donate the frame to one of your full colonies. A 5-frame nuc should have the equivalent of a full frame of honey and half of pollen, and they will be fed - so, no, they’ll be fine without the extra frame of honey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back