Looking for Corex nuc box

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the British Standard not for 5 frame nucs?

I would also argue that most poly nucs are not 6 frames but 5. I suspect you are generalising from your particular here and yes it's your rod for your back.

PH

Thornes - 6 frames

Paynes - 6 frames

Maisies - 6 frames

BS - 6 frames

Bee Equipment - 6 frames

Abelo - 6 frames

STB - 6 frames

Becky's Bees - 6 frames

BB Wear - 6 frames

Im sorry - just who does 5 frame poly nucs because ive just clicked on 10 suppliers and EVERY single one is 6 frame

I think this is to give the impression buyers are getting a better deal. Is this a true comparison though?

Sorry, i was referring to suppliers of the poly nucs, not the suppliers of nucleus colonies of bees

Back to correx boxes. I have two 14x12 ones. They have been taken apart and cleaned so many times they are falling apart. They are so so useful in the apiary. I got them from Fragile Planet but they don't trade anymore I gather

Pardon me though I will say it is some years since I bought any nuc hives.

Going back to the BS. Why not use one frame of brood for your hives and use a dummy board? Best of both worlds.

PH

Pardon me though I will say it is some years since I bought any nuc hives.

Going back to the BS. Why not use one frame of brood for your hives and use a dummy board? Best of both worlds.

PH

Thats a good idea.

I could use the brood in my cell builders.

Just google cortex nuc boxes quite a few and varied pricing.

Back