Looking for a Queen Rearing Course - 2017

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motobiman

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Was five now four. Grrrrr
Hi all
I'm looking for a hands-on queen rearing course for next year, I guess they are around May or June.
Somewhere in the south of England would be best.
Doesn't seem to be much about that I can find at the moment.
Any suggestions?

We ran two successful two day courses with hands on experience lead by Roger Patterson here in the Tamar end of Cornwall last May ( BIPCo) and propose to do a repeat next Spring.
Amasingly we have two good road routs into Cornwall via the A38 and A30... mostly dualled now from the Motorway into Exeter as far as Saltash and Newquay!!!

Wisborough Green beekeepers must be running something shirley?

Yeghes da

I don't run queen rearing courses, I run "Bee Improvement" courses, that include queen rearing methods. Different thing!
Depending on the location these will start early May and probably finish at the end of July.
I didn't know about the proposed repeat in Cornwall, but I have December 25/26 still available! I will probably be running some in North Wales, Staffordshire and the USA. I get about quite a bit!
I could be running one in the south, possibly as Icanhopit says in West Sussex. If anyone is interested in one in their area, then check out Dave Cushman's website and send me an email. I will also be at the National Honey Show all three days if you want to speak to me.

Roger Patterson

Mention it at your local association as there may be someone willing to run a queen rearing group throughout the summer. I did one myself this year and probably better than any course as we followed the whole process right through the full timetable down to marking the queens and putting them into cages along with attendants ready to be introduced to colonies.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Found one in May pretty local to me.

Latest posts

Back