Long distance move

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a big roll of garden plant fleece . When moving short distance I have an open mesh floor and wrap the whole hive in a sheet. Make sure the floor, broodbox and travel screen are firmly held together with a ratchet strap, Don't put a roof on For a longer journey I think the fleece would let the hive breathe well and keep the bees cool with the hive sitting on it then bunched up on the top and tied with that soft rubber covered garden wire. You could spray water through the fleece. Whatever you cover the hive with , keep it thin. This is of course for inside the car and preventing escapes. Or use a trailer.............

Why are they a pain? There aren’t many. If you want pain be a moderator 😢

It’s still a great forum. We get beekeepers from all over the world joining in. I don’t see the change is anything but good. And we got Finman back 😉
Finman back.....woo hoo. I hadn't noticed

Why are they a pain? There aren’t many. If you want pain be a moderator 😢

It’s still a great forum. We get beekeepers from all over the world joining in. I don’t see the change is anything but good. And we got Finman back 😉
Yeah it’s nice to have finman back, and I would give being a moderator ago but I don’t think I’m experienced enough ?

Latest posts

Back