Little rant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystil

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hiya guys

Bear with me.

Was in town last week, when I saw a lady in her car, which had a flat battery (happened to me many a time).

I offered to help as I had jump leads in the back. Got my car next to hers and was in the boot struggling to untangle the leads from the car, when a cop car showed up......

You would think they would offer to help, wouldnt you or even ask to see if we were all right??

The chap in the passenger side wound down their window and said "can you move your car over abit so cars can get past easier" to which I replied "Yes in a second" and they drove off.

Leaving me (5ft 3 lady) and this poor women to push her car back so that I could park in front of hers to get the leads to fit.

In the end the lady drove off with her car moving and my good deed done for the day.

For their defence they probably thought that we were friends but even so.

Rant over. :mad:)

Last edited:
It would be nice if they operated a performance related pay scheme where you could screw their pension a bit each time they're unhelpful gits.

You have to realise they are not employed for their mental abilities. In fact with modern materials like velcro they don't even have to be able to tie their own shoelaces :D

Yes well what can you say?

They are not the most common of sights around here at the moment but a bit blo*dy daft for them not to offer their help at least. That is what they are paid for at the end of the day, is to help.

The welsh term for a police officer is "hedd was", literally "peace servant".

I rather suspect they would want to spend a little more time talking to you if you were driving your car 2 miles per hour over the speed limit :nono: Bless them.

Latest posts

Back