Latest news w-d f-m neucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't seem correct to me somehow .
Vat is collected by a business on behalf of the Gov ?
If a business pays vat on an item ,sells it on without adding said vat, the business has effectively stood the amount out of its profit margin?

John Wilkinson

It makes no difference because a business reclaims the VAT it has paid.

All very complex .
If retailer buys an item for £1 and sells it for £2 he tells you the profit from the sale is 50% not 100% as would appear ! He works backwards ie sells @ £2 buys @ £! = 50% profit
All very complex :gnorsi:

John Wilkinson

Not at all blinded by the light and Stiffy not advertising.I AM ALLOWED however to express MY opinion on what I have received and say what I think of its quality.As for you o90o I see we've decended into personal rudeness again.Perhaps you should get a few things THROUGH YOUR OWN SKULL - that's assuming there's a receptor there!.I think you are fast becoming blinded by you own brilliance!!.Perhaps theres a place for you on the cast of "Grumpy Old Men"

By making part of your reply in capitals it looks like you are shouting , please dont get upset we wouldnt want that. Reading the current threads it seems that dispite your 'highjack' the thread has resumed were it left off......never mind, maybe try again?
S

I think it is a bit of a grey area to be honest (the VAT on beehives)

Ie to buy one without bee's in is VATable at 20% however if you buy bee's they are Zero rated.

Similarly when you buy frames they are VATable at 20%.

So if you wanted to be pedantic you could argue you should charge 0% on the bee's but 20% on the Frames and the Hive.

In reality and what i have been advised is if i am selling a colony of bees in a hive i only charge for the bee's, the 'Hive and Frames' are simply packaging for the colony.

Being VAT registered has a great deal of advantages for a beekeeper, Jars and labels are all VATable at 20% (so when you reclaim the VAT you get 20% returned) yet when you fill with honey and sell them they are Zero rated (food stuff).

The only time i will be repaying VAT is as/when i have to sell any equipment that has had VAT claimed back on, ie:0 my landrover, trailer, extractor, etc.

C B

My letter from WPF was removed as it mentions both WPF and Pxxxnes there should not be one rule for one and another just because someone wants to put a positive spin on his Nucs.

If you would care to read the previous thread I clearly said I was happy with the compromise product recieved but not the communication from WPF.
So why was a new thread started, this is clearly an attempt to hijack a thread and put a different spin on the subject and stinks!

The post in the other thread was removed as I was informed that part of the post was untrue.
I dont like removing posts and certainly wish to keep the forum unbiased.

But when asked to remove a post that the complainer say's is untrue and it affects a companies business then we have to remove it.

p.s: it was not William at WPF who contacted me and asked for the post to be removed but a third party..

If you buy from an EU supplier and quote them your VAT number, they don't charge you any VAT. That's quite significant when in Denmark it's about 25%.

However, I think to register for VAT you must be a bona fide business with a reasonable expectation of making profit, and in that case you become liable for income tax. The tax man giveth and the tax man taketh away!

Stiffy,no attempt to hi-jack the previous thread at all but,I felt it time to put a positive attitude forward .Alright not the neuc boxes I ordered,but ,theres nothing wrong with those actually supplied (Paynes) and I'm very pleased with them.There was no extra cost and William stuck to an agreement we had made at the time of my order.I've done my share of ranting -not in public- but to the man himself.Humiliating someone in public is not my style unless there is extreme provocation-that I have attempted to do so in a previous post is pure retaliation to someones haughty and uneccessary rudeness.I now have no commercial interest in beekeeping and have reverted to being one of the many hobby beekeepers - perhaps with over 40 years working with bees and my BBKA qualifications just a little more experienced than most.I don't profess to know it all - I always find new things to learn and I hope to continue doing so.

The post in the other thread was removed as I was informed that part of the post was untrue.
I dont like removing posts and certainly wish to keep the forum unbiased.

But when asked to remove a post that the complainer say's is untrue and it affects a companies business then we have to remove it.

p.s: it was not William at WPF who contacted me and asked for the post to be removed but a third party..
Thanks, after thinking about a little more I can understand your reasoning for doing so as some of content of the letter was a little libellous if not true.
S

Chips do incur VAT though. I missed that the humble spud is VAT free and frankly have learned a little about VAT that I patently didn't beforehand.

It makes sense to me now and as Victor said, more than a little complex. Doubtless an area that keeps accountants in business working out the most advantageous permutations for their clients.

I think that I am happy that all is kosher. I apologise for any offence caused by my questioning the figures and for my failure to understand the technicalities.

I used to own a company that was VAT registered, I loved the tax inspector visits as it was an opportunity to learn how to save money. At one point, I was legally charging everyone 15% VAT when the rate was 17.5%. Caused lots of chaos and mayhem with my customers accounting systems, but this was as detailed by a VAT inspector and 100% legal. Do not think it would apply to beekeeping though.

Not at all blinded by the light and Stiffy not advertising.I AM ALLOWED however to express MY opinion on what I have received and say what I think of its quality.As for you o90o I see we've decended into personal rudeness again.Perhaps you should get a few things THROUGH YOUR OWN SKULL - that's assuming there's a receptor there!.I think you are fast becoming blinded by you own brilliance!!.Perhaps theres a place for you on the cast of "Grumpy Old Men"

At last, someone else has seen through the brilliance!
Maybe we should have a 'Grumpy Old Men' Thread?

Last edited:
At last, someone else has seen through the brilliance!
Maybe we should have a 'Grumpy Old Men' Thread?

And thats probably thread were you (and me) will need to go when you get in the Sxxt with your bees.
Its funny how people think its okay to mock people who get old but have very high standards for others...I guess the difference is with age you realise what is important.
S (grumpy at times but not that old yet)

And thats probably thread were you (and me) will need to go when you get in the Sxxt with your bees.
Its funny how people think its okay to mock people who get old but have very high standards for others...I guess the difference is with age you realise what is important.
S (grumpy at times but not that old yet)

The grumpy old men thread was tongue in cheek! I'm grumpy and old! Consult my Local BKA for any advice.

Well i got my nuc today
with the same letter of pethetic dribble as everyone else
at the end of the day there selling some thing completly different to what they show on there site

The email they sent out in feb what an out and out lie saying they had a delay and would start making them soon ( before the end of the month)

now there saying the end of the season was this there intention? or did they have unforseen delays?
I did email the to state the fact they sent good not a described and in breach of the sales of goods act but i dare say there hoping every one will just go away
but now they know they can not supply what they are advertising this shows theres somthing amiss as there still selling a nuc they dont have wont have in the months to come
what company in there right mind would do that and then send you a letter saying what they have sent you is not as good as there non existent nuc.
STOP SELLING WHAT YOU DONT HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sell what you do

it make you wonder is the 1346 nucs of bees they have for sale is correct!!!

Well i got my nuc today
with the same letter of pethetic dribble as everyone else
at the end of the day there selling some thing completly different to what they show on there site

The email they sent out in feb what an out and out lie saying they had a delay and would start making them soon ( before the end of the month)

now there saying the end of the season was this there intention? or did they have unforseen delays?
I did email the to state the fact they sent good not a described and in breach of the sales of goods act but i dare say there hoping every one will just go away
but now they know they can not supply what they are advertising this shows theres somthing amiss as there still selling a nuc they dont have wont have in the months to come
what company in there right mind would do that and then send you a letter saying what they have sent you is not as good as there non existent nuc.
STOP SELLING WHAT YOU DONT HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sell what you do

it make you wonder is the 1346 nucs of bees they have for sale is correct!!!
:iagree:

If it wasnt for the fact that I had already received 4 from Pxxxnes and was pleased with them, I would have done the same.
S

it's a shame he didn't have the foresight to send everyone spare roofs and sheet of varroa mesh to make a travel screen. that would have resolved a major issue.

it's a shame he didn't have the foresight to send everyone spare roofs and sheet of varroa mesh to make a travel screen. that would have resolved a major issue.

That would mean having to have a little bit of good business sense!

Latest posts

Back