Late swarming rush?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilberdyke John

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
This year is breaking all the expected norms for swarm calls. May, June and early July passed pretty quietly but the local Facebook Groups are full of swarm help calls over the last week or so and apparently the calls are genuine ie for honeybees. There seems to be a few almost every day at the moment. This is affecting my village, the town of Howden and across to Selby too. Local forage seems to be later than previous years which is possibly a contributory factor?

This year is breaking all the expected norms for swarm calls. May, June and early July passed pretty quietly but the local Facebook Groups are full of swarm help calls over the last week or so and apparently the calls are genuine ie for honeybees. There seems to be a few almost every day at the moment. This is affecting my village, the town of Howden and across to Selby too. Local forage seems to be later than previous years which is possibly a contributory factor?
Swarms were scarce in May/June but I’ve had quite a few in my bait hives in the last 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back