Labelling

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to be on the safe side I'll write a BB date in queen marker on the lid that way I don't have to buy new labels every year. I do it under duress though, I still think the "customer is always an idiot".

How do you survive without buying anything? :paparazzi: :D

Going to have to disagree here. Nearly all natural honeys will set within 12 months.
There are exceptions, usually borage.

Okay but rapidly set honey isn't usually gritty as it takes time for larger sugar crystals to form.

I never had honey stay runny in Hampshire. Moved to Shropshire and I still have jars of liquid honey. Moved to Somerset and I have set spring honey and runny summer honey! Hey! Best of both worlds down here. And ironically for all you that are drowning we have had such little rain!
E

Might also have something to do with sub-visible dust particles seeding the honey. I know when we had the Saharan winds come over earlier in the year the silica carried by the winds round our way coated everything orange.

I should use that pollen microscopy kit that Stan bought me a few Christmases ago

Send me 5 mls and I'll send you a stained slide back.
And then we will find lots of pollen that's round and oblong and there are about 40 species that fit into those sizes ranges.

Latest posts

Back