Konigin Machines

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 & 6 Nucs
I went to see the latest equipment line for bee keepers from Konigin, the company are based in Hungary. The build quality was second to none, excellent stainless steel extractors and un-capping machines. Has anyone else here purchased any of the extractors or any other range of their equipment?

I'm about to.
Planning a quick visit August or September and want to get the kit in good time before Brexit.
I have a bee farmer contact in Hungary who also confirmed Konigin are highly regarded there.

I spoke to them at the BBKA convention and was told they would be keeping stock in the UK, that would make the 'quick trip" even quicker.
What I've seen looks very good and they're certainly priced to please.

The quick trip is to see the line in use to validate the volume throughput. Or at least that's the original reason, but it's morphed into a weekend in Budapest with Mrs B. Glad to hear about stock here, should make delivery cheaper.

I'm about to.
Planning a quick visit August or September and want to get the kit in good time before Brexit.
I have a bee farmer contact in Hungary who also confirmed Konigin are highly regarded there.

If you are in Budapest, I recommend a visit to the Great Market, plenty of honey for sale there.

If you are in Budapest, I recommend a visit to the Great Market, plenty of honey for sale there.

I'd second that. Also stay in the Jewsih quarter near the famous mosque. Just off the tourist trail but in the heart of the city (Pest). Great small local restaurants.

Also very interested in this equipment for future expansion, highly recommended by a Polish friend of mine that quivered at the fact I was looking at a Lyson extraction line (being a Polish company).

Also very interested in this equipment for future expansion, highly recommended by a Polish friend of mine that quivered at the fact I was looking at a Lyson extraction line (being a Polish company).

The quality is excellent, I'm toying with the idea of replacing my old Thorne 12 frame extractor with one of theirs. There is now a stockist in Neath, S. Wales.

quivered at the fact I was looking at a Lyson extraction line (being a Polish company).

Nowt wrong with Lyson kit. I have loads of their gear from creamers to extractors etc, extremely well made and a very decent price compared to many other companies. Abelo are their agents in the UK.

For example look at the price of the Dana Apimelter at £3700 and compare with the Lyson Melliflow, same kit but Lyson is £1450. Someone somewhere is taking beekeepers for a ride.

I have 30 frame extractor, Melliflow, steam knife ,heated trolley from Abelo [Lyson] and find its excellent quality and will be buying more.

Nowt wrong with Lyson kit. I have loads of their gear from creamers to extractors etc, extremely well made and a very decent price compared to many other companies. Abelo are their agents in the UK.

For example look at the price of the Dana Apimelter at £3700 and compare with the Lyson Melliflow, same kit but Lyson is £1450. Someone somewhere is taking beekeepers for a ride.

We already run Lyson setup including uncapper & premium 42 frame extractor. The prices are relatable because of the cheaper labour cost in Poland. I have a few niggles with the uncapper but can't really argue with the extractor. Last I enquired was €26000 + VAT for the Lyson line which is quite reasonable.

We already run Lyson setup including uncapper & premium 42 frame extractor. The prices are relatable because of the cheaper labour cost in Poland. I have a few niggles with the uncapper but can't really argue with the extractor. Last I enquired was €26000 + VAT for the Lyson line which is quite reasonable.

Your kit sounds a tad OTT for the one hive you state you own:icon_204-2:

Which uncapper have you got?
I've yet to find the totally perfect uncapper, assuming such a beast exists.

Last edited:
Hobby kit

Is this equipment just for volume producers or do they also produce 6/8 frame radial extractors?

Which uncapper have you got?
I've yet to find the totally perfect uncapper, assuming such a beast exists.

We have the Lyson circulating hot water one -
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkC-T-cHyb2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1w19nykobnkc4
Gripes are
- Gravity fed so sometimes can grab one side of the frame first when your backs turned & jam it all up. Could do with a chain fed system but is only on offer with the line.
- No depth adjuster
- Water pump went in its first year of use at the worst time, but it was promptly replaced under warranty (we had to fit it however) so good customer service.
- Backwards / Forwards switch is faulty, even after being replaced. Centre position doesn't turn the chains off as it should.
- it's not as speedy as others I have used.

My friend recently got the Swienty variant (which is more than double the price). It is faster than ours but still is gravity fed so suffers the jamming issues. Just takes a bit of propolis to cause this.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj6naZcHdvH/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12jw5spjrq979

Lyson line I am looking at -
https://youtu.be/R1qd9wf9zwU

Thanks for that, very interesting particularly the jamming issue.
Way beyond my needs but looking at this automatic one. I'm hearing good reports. 3.5K....mmmm. Now much honey have I got :)
I hate extraction, it's the least fun (although most profitable) part.
Uncapping-machine1.jpg

Thanks for that, very interesting particularly the jamming issue.
Way beyond my needs but looking at this automatic one. I'm hearing good reports. 3.5K....mmmm. Now much honey have I got :)
I hate extraction, it's the least fun (although most profitable) part.
Uncapping-machine1.jpg

Exactly what we have, another issue is the rack doesn't actually hold 42 + frames for our extractor so we have to stack them up to keep a constant flow is frames ready to load.

Okay, I'm getting up to speed, thanks. Now understand what the gravity feed bit means as the rest is chain driven.
Being much smaller scale it would probably suit my needs. I'm using their steam knives for uncapping on the mellifimelter.
It's good for me, up to nearly 8 supers an hour uncapped...which has almost tripled my old uncapping speeds, but I'm sure that is a rate that would frustrate you.
I also wish I'd bought the longer 1.5m table....20 frame extractor and can only get 15 uncapped hanging in it.

We have the Lyson circulating hot water one -
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkC-T-cHyb2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1w19nykobnkc4
Gripes are
- Gravity fed so sometimes can grab one side of the frame first when your backs turned & jam it all up. Could do with a chain fed system but is only on offer with the line.
- No depth adjuster
- Water pump went in its first year of use at the worst time, but it was promptly replaced under warranty (we had to fit it however) so good customer service.
- Backwards / Forwards switch is faulty, even after being replaced. Centre position doesn't turn the chains off as it should.
- it's not as speedy as others I have used.

My friend recently got the Swienty variant (which is more than double the price). It is faster than ours but still is gravity fed so suffers the jamming issues. Just takes a bit of propolis to cause this.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj6naZcHdvH/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12jw5spjrq979

My uncapper from 2018 is excellent and fast! 2 choice of motor speed.

How old is your machine?

Latest posts

Back