Known whereabouts of stolen hive long ashton bristol

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cactusflower

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi there, Just wondering if anybody has had a hive stolen in the long ashton/ Bristol area a year or so ago. I recently found out about someone who swipped one or two bee hives from the above area and is keeping them in his garden.
Let me know if you want more information.

Thanks for letting us know- I will watch this with interest!

The BBKA is a national organization of beekeepers. There will be a group in your local area - have a look on the BBKA website for contact details. An email to the group Secretary would be a good idea as these people are often aware of beehive thefts in the local area.

And if you are sure they are stolen an email to the Local Plod is an idea.

Under the circumstances I'm sure no-one will mind me posting a URL:

www . bbka . org . uk/about/local_associations/find_an_association.php

(Remove spaces)

Last edited:
And if you are sure they are stolen an email to the Local Plod is an idea.

I think that you should report this suspected theft to the police. If my hives were stolen and someone knew there whereabouts I would want them to report it.

"There will be a group in your local area - have a look on the BBKA website for contact details. An email to the group Secretary would be a good idea as these people are often aware of beehive thefts in the local area."

all well and good provided the thief isn't a senior member of local association! better tell the cops before tipping off potential thieves.

Please report it to the Country Watch Police Control, based at North Walls Winchester, telephone number is 07901 102255 or 08450454545, extension 631124.
I don’t know if this is a National set-up, but if not They should be able to give you a local Country Watch Police Control number

You will need to move fast as well before the evidence 'disappears'.

As to the question of whether the person is a criminal or not, let the police sort it out.
They may find that the information they are able to obtain from this chap will help track down a more widespread network of Hive thieves.

(You never know they may even trace the ones I lost last year)

its resonable to think there beeks so save any hint there maybe a leak of info GO STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE dont bother about ass' till after the police have been there mind with all this disscusion on here the toerag has probably guessed there on to him all ready hmmm no evidence left should have gone to police first before saying any thing on here but hopefully he/she is to thick to know

O.k, I have reported it anonymously via crime watchers. I was concerned that the police may do nowt if its not known who they have been stolen from... as if the police turn up there couldn't he just say they were his hives?
Hopefully though whoever they were stolen from did report it so there is a record or maybe the BBA know about it. The guy who stole them is a real ***** and doesn't know anything about bees and he won't use this site as from what i heard bee keeping was a bit of a one year wonder for him and now he has lost interest in them and is neglecting the hives.

Norton Caff posted back in April of three hives nicked from the Bristol area.

Neglected livestock - maybe the RSPCA should know too?!

If the Police take it seriously then they'll quiz the guy to find out where he bought the hives/acquired the bees and follow it up...

Keep us posted.

R2

Long Ashton is my home village, happen to be going up there tomorrow know a enough people who would have heard if someone had lost one, so will ask around see if some of my mums friend know any beeks.

Our local Police officer in Long Ashton is called Trevor Byford:
avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/PersonProfile.aspx?pid=173&t=3&lid=136

If you drop him an email, he may well know who is missing some hives.

Of course 'Withholding evidence is a crime' and now that you have stated on the Forum that you are aware of this crime you have chosen to become responsible.

Phone the police before someone else does.

Of course 'Withholding evidence is a crime' and now that you have stated on the Forum that you are aware of this crime you have chosen to become responsible.

Hi there, if you read my previous post i have reported it now. Its up to the police to act on it.

Obviously though if it is known who they were stolen from it would help in them being identified as like I said he could just turn round and say they are his hives.

If we are talking armed robbery that would make sense.

Latest posts

Back