Kim Flottum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad. Kim was a good friend. He and Kathy promoted my work when I was just getting going. How many beekeeper's meetings where he sponsored my trip I couldn't say. Lots. Been trying to remember the good times. The times he made me laugh. Once I was in Medina. We went for a bite to eat before the meeting. We must have been talking about moving bees. He asked if I had ever heard of the "one beer method" for moving bees during the day. Okay Kim, you've peaked my interest. Just what is the one beer method? Well he says, first you close the entrances on the hives to be moved. Then you go to the pub and have a beer. When you return to the apiary, the field bees are balled up on the entrances, or flying around searching for a way in. Open the entrances. The bees go in. Move the hives.
🤣
🍻
Vaya con Dios Kim. We'll see you later.

Can you remember a time when Kim made you laugh? Tell us.

So sad. Kim was a good friend. He and Kathy promoted my work when I was just getting going. How many beekeeper's meetings where he sponsored my trip I couldn't say. Lots. Been trying to remember the good times. The times he made me laugh. Once I was in Medina. We went for a bite to eat before the meeting. We must have been talking about moving bees. He asked if I had ever heard of the "one beer method" for moving bees during the day. Okay Kim, you've peaked my interest. Just what is the one beer method? Well he says, first you close the entrances on the hives to be moved. Then you go to the pub and have a beer. When you return to the apiary, the field bees are balled up on the entrances, or flying around searching for a way in. Open the entrances. The bees go in. Move the hives.
🤣
🍻
Vaya con Dios Kim. We'll see you later.

Can you remember a time when Kim made you laugh? Tell us.
I've used this method a few times 🤣.

Back