Just for some fun.... an excuse to smile.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've eaten sweet bread before :nature-smiley-016::icon_204-2::nono:
'Cerrig hwrddod' (ram's bollocks) as a little old lady who frequented our shop used to call them when she called in for her monthly treat -we used to have a little butchery section in our shop and my father trained to be a butcher (many butchers in our family tree) during one of the many building site stoppages those days. My father could never steel himself to slice them up so my grandfather would have to come over and do them for him.

'Cerrig hwrddod' (ram's bollocks) as a little old lady who frequented our shop used to call them when she called in for her monthly treat -we used to have a little butchery section in our shop and my father trained to be a butcher (many butchers in our family tree) during one of the many building site stoppages those days. My father could never steel himself to slice them up so my grandfather would have to come over and do them for him.
Have you ever tried them emyr

Have you ever tried them emyr
Often, although not for a few years now.
My grandmother would soak the slices in brine overnight, dry them off, roll them in flour then slowly shallow fry them. Lovely Saturday lunchtime treat for my grandfather and me.

Often, although not for a few years now.
My grandmother would soak the slices in brine overnight, dry them off, roll them in flour then slowly shallow fry them. Lovely Saturday lunchtime treat for my grandfather and me.
Grandad and father use to do much the same.
I did like them when they were battered and deap fried.
God knows what I use to get feed as a child.. The farming community don't waste nowt if they have to.
U want to see the amount of feed bags in the work shop.. Let alone the massey Ferguson tractors bought and broken down all stacked up..
Why do folk do such things.

My grandad had a portable steam engine which ended up in a ditch so the government didn't have it as scrap.

We dug it back up in 2010 with the 13 ton digger, as it was silted up its now being shot blasted and I'm buying a fire box for it ..one day I would like to see it working again.
Apologies for going of topic Micheal on your thread.

Cabin fever alert! Cabin fever alert!
Ne na Ne na!!
It will soon be Christmas.
I can see why @pargyle said you have to be a bit loko to be a beek.
You need a sense of humour ✅
A sense of fun ✅
Tolerance ✅
And not be a miserable Git✅

There are a a few folk here who have none of those attributes.
You’re Ok Curly. You can come and play 😉

Last edited:
You need a sense of humour ✅
A sense of fun ✅
Tolerance ✅
And not be a miserable Git✅

There are a a few folk here who have none of those attributes.
You’re Ok Curly. You can come and play 😉
   I alway new I would sort of fit in.
:winner1st::winner1st::winner1st::cheers2:

Last edited by a moderator:
All good,,, anything that puts a smile on the dial during these tough times is a good thing...
Happy days.... We are having wickedly awesome rains here at the moment....
Something we really appreciate....
Happy happy people!

Latest posts

Back