July swarm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beepig

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Just had a swarm fly in after several days of robbing. Should I re queen? Hopping to move to new site in a few days. In meantime should I feed syrup

NBU don't recommend you feed a swarm from unknown source for first few days so that they use up the stores in their crop and reduce the chances of diseases like EFB

NBU don't recommend you feed a swarm from unknown source for first few days so that they use up the stores in their crop and reduce the chances of diseases like EFB

Then if we fed a swarm say every day for a fortnight are they 100% sure that they would keep the honey in their crop. Surely bees Know Best and would use up their stores in their crop first then consume the syrup feed?

Surely bees Know Best and would use up their stores in their crop first then consume the syrup feed?

Nooo! Bees would store some of that honey crop into newly built cells if there is a surplus very handy. Bees are more clever than many beekeepers.

Thanks to those who replied. I did what I thought best

Latest posts

Back