Jars prices on the rise

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes get yours ordered pronto and grab any sale offerings you can. I purchased a fair few when the prices of energy started soaring. takes a fair amount of heat to make glass.
I'm thinking of buying enough to last for a few years.
Shopping around at the mo

watch out that you store lids carefully - they will degrade and rust !
Thanks for the heads up. The 8 oz jars we have lids were boxed separately but the 12 oz from freeman had lids on the jars.
I will be storing them in the project room hopefully.

One of each
That's 2376 12oz and 3330 80z. I find, these days, that 12oz outsells 8oz by about 3:1 so I'd have adjusted the proportions - perhaps your sales proportions are different ? You are knocking on the door of £2000 even with discounts. Unless you are expecting to harvest about one and half tonnes of honey next season you are tying up a whole load of capital for potential savings that may or may not materialise ?

That's 2376 12oz and 3330 80z. I find, these days, that 12oz outsells 8oz by about 3:1 so I'd have adjusted the proportions - perhaps your sales proportions are different ? You are knocking on the door of £2000 even with discounts. Unless you are expecting to harvest about one and half tonnes of honey next season you are tying up a whole load of capital for potential savings that may or may not materialise ?
Forcast is for 1 ton that's my aim, and I get where your coming from.

Last edited:
Forcast is for 1 ton that's my aim.
Good for you ... @ 30kg a hive - you should walk it with 50 hives. Assuming of course that it's a reasonable season.

It's still a lot of jars and capital to tie up for what may be little additional profit in real terms and there is a cost to that.

I work on the same basis as the supermarkets ... just enough stock of jars, just in time, at the best price I can get at the time. If the price of jars go up then my price gets adjusted accordingly and my profit margin remains the same.

What are your predicted savings on buying 2 pallets now ? IE: How much have you saved by buying two pallets now against what you think you might have paid when you need them next year ? And are you going to increase your prices if the price of jars does go up or are you using the purchase to keep your prices down ? Remember .. if jar prices go up you will have to pay more for the next batch.

Some thoughts for you about the realities of commerce.

Just bought 72 jars from amazon, wishful thinking for next year🤞

Latest posts

Back