Ive taken the plunge

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainCymru

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Been searching high and low for an extractor ,looked at all options , well.....happened to be driving past maisemore apiaries , went in for a 2 frame manual plastic , come out with a 9 frame radial /3 frame tang stainless 😂

Guess buy once buy good, plus the tang be handy for the dadant frames !

That'll be the Lega then, nice bit of kit albeit a bit pricey.
Would have got a Lyson 20 frame for about the same price at Abelo

Yeah that's the one , probably should have looked at that but tbh enjoyed meeting the people and having a look around .I only have about 80 national shallow, 10 medium lang and 12 dadant frames to extract so its job enough. Should last a lifetime too I'm guessing.

Yeah that's the one , probably should have looked at that but tbh enjoyed meeting the people and having a look around
Yes, they are a great bunch at Maisie's. Glad I don't take SWMBO to the conventions though, as they all now greet me by my first name!!

Yes, they are a great bunch at Maisie's. Glad I don't take SWMBO to the conventions though, as they all now greet me by my first name!!

I think I met the owner , proper Gloucestershire boy, straight talking, said the plastic wouldnt last long on some of the others.Could have been sales talk mind but he convinced me 😂

I think I met the owner , proper Gloucestershire boy, straight talking, said the plastic wouldnt last long on some of the others.Could have been sales talk mind but he convinced me 😂
was that Jon? or his dad Eric? I think Eric has handed over the running of things to Jon now although he still does a full day at the shop - it was Eric's dad who started it all, Think I met him once as well, many years ago.

was that Jon? or his dad Eric? I think Eric has handed over the running of things to Jon now although he still does a full day at the shop - it was Eric's dad who started it all, Think I met him once as well, many years ago.

Think it was Jon, good humoured guy , anyway long story short, nice place and would buy from them again !

Latest posts

Back