Abelo's New Premises.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have temptingly offered biscuits as an incentive, but it's nearly 2 hours drive... They'd have to be blinking good biscuits.
1hr 30mins for me which is not too bad i travel the same distance 3/4 times per week to other places, on a weekend will make life a bit easier, and don't forget it is the opening sale this weekend.

1hr 30mins for me which is not too bad i travel the same distance 3/4 times per week to other places, on a weekend will make life a bit easier, and don't forget it is the opening sale this weekend.

Shh! Stop it!
I probably shouldn't. We now have a big shed in our garden and are negotiating what's going in it. Top of his list is the bee vac from his garage.

It is, sized for National Frames complete with steam generator.
Looks to be the business and should really speed up what was my major bottleneck last season, the time taken for uncapping. It's fully height adjustable, but I think you need to run one super frame type only...i.e it won't neatly uncap both SN1's and SN4's without being re-adjusted for each type. But I stand to be corrected....practical experience will provide the answer to that.
About time I sorted out my hodgepodge of SN1's SN4's and Manleys super frames.

Sadly they were out of ones to fit nationals as they look a nice bit of kit. I'd say with well drawn out even combs and one frame type it should speed up uncapping no end. Mine are all on castellations and sn1 so I'll get one when they're back in stock.
Nice cakes :)

That's a shame.....someone else must have bought the other one they had in stock.....
Yes SN1's are ideal. I run SN4's but I've worked out if the back of the knife is set higher than the front they will uncap just fine.
I think with a bit of judicious pruning of sub standard combs plus anything with drone sized cells in a few years should have some top notch drawn super frames.

Good to know, thanks.
I'll be sticking to my steam knife uncapper for a few seasons until I can afford one.....along with an automatic bottler.
Now if only I could find an automatic customer generator I'd be laughing.

There are never enough customers.......
This last weekend in particular, although the weather may have had something to do with that.

Yes, Nigel, nice machine and has worked perfectly with no problems for the past couple of seasons.
Good to know. I'm in the process of upgrading to this for next season, with the integral screw press! Just a little bit excited and poor! :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back