Its too Hot to do beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is to hot for me!

I just inspected single brood hive, six stings on my hand later...opened the double brood hive they were having none of it! looked in the super got stung again!

I gave up!

1st hive had drawn and filled all the new frames (10) I put in on Sunday tho!

That's a trifle smug if I may say so and shows a remarkable lack of understanding for different peoples personal situations, must be the heat.

Chris

Apologies: not meant to be unkind.

Went through 60 hives today shorts and vest top, not a sting. Used to it I guess!

Went through 60 hives today shorts and vest top, not a sting. Used to it I guess!

Oh Yea!

Come and try it with some real bees in the UK not those shy little gray critters. Then count the stings you get! :nature-smiley-011:

Rain?; Skin's Waterproof! :hurray::hurray:

Sun too hot?; Skin won't melt below 70 Deg! :eek::eek:

Ofcourse, but I am not allowed to advertise :) Check the directory B* H**** B***

Just a little note madasafish.

As it happens I'm perfectly fit and can if needs be put a long day in with a full bee suit and 35 to 40°C in the shade OR 50 to 60+C just under a roof BUT there are others less fortunate than me and that was why I posted what I did.

Secondly, the clue is in "if needs be". I gave up gratuitously abusing my body some years ago and, as with the way I now keep bees, I ask myself is this necessary? Usually it either isn't or can wait.

Chris

You lot will start doing the rain dance, please stop moaning a little bit of sweat on your brow wont hurt anyone, just look at the lovely honey coming in and have a cool beer :sifone:

That's right, the honeys flooding in at the moment and I don't have to do anything, (except perhaps load more supers); but wait and hope it's cool when it's time to remove it.:cool:

Chris

Latest posts

Back