Is there a Doctor in the house?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or ibuprofen

i would have thought anyone with sinus pain bad enough to need meds will not be feeling up to apiary work!

He's there just 24 hours later! Just goes to show how careful one needs to be!

RAB

Thankfully the first 3 doses of antibiotics meant I was able to get up and about yesterday. Managed to quickly lift the roof and check if the feeder was empty or not. Hardly life threatening.

Have had really bad problems with sinuses for last four years....Its what made me decide for early retirement..... I was driving for a living and found that my brain was switching off while driving.......Just for a couple of seconds.... At first I thought I was nodding off but then things would happen like I would suddenly find myself half way through overtaking something and couldnt remember have changed lanes....but I had indicator on and didnt seem to have caused a problem anywhere...or that I had gone past the junction I wanted.........I realised that I was getting to be dangerous...I still drive nothing like the miles I did before.......Driving slow in traffic was worse.

Sudofed.........waste of money....Its only paracetamol.....

It all started when I had what I think was three infection quite close together starting about 4 years back.......Got to the point that everything I tried to eat tasted like burnt plastic....didnt want to eat.... tea and coffee was awful.....Had to force myself to eat..... even if it was chocolate bars....no energy to do anything... even blowing my nose was an effort... and if you have an infection you know how long it takes to blow your nose if you are "full of it"...

Steam inhalation helps a bit but not for long....

I still have the odd bad day..... If I sleep a bit long when trying to catch up I think that the extra lying down effects the sinuses.....
I had pains in my head as if I had been smacked with a baseball bat on the side of the head....... and I have tinutus mostly in one ear..........
When I put my head down on the pillow at night I get a sensation of distant rushing water sounds in my ears......

What did the doctors say.......... They used to write "headache" on my file..

Sudofed.........waste of money....Its only paracetamol.....

May be a waste of money but not only paracetamol. Sudafed can come in a variety of forms with a variety of active ingredients often including pseudoephedrine hydrochloride that may increase blood pressure and produce a headache!
regards Jim:)

ask for mucodyne on private percription ( cheaper than nhs perscription for you + doesnt add to the GPs budget (which is probably being slashed along with eveything else once sacred)

works wonders.. but be sure to be near tissues when it all goes runny.

Latest posts

Back