iPhone / iPad apps for beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauhawk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Can anyone recommend any apps that they use for any aspect of beekiness. I have just looked at some such as the one by the barefoot beekeeper but not completely sold on it!

Free ones are more appealing although the chargeable ones seem to be only 99p.

Tap talk so I can find good answers on here while at work;)

Forms by Device Magic.

It's a free app that allows you to design record forms and fields, then sends that template to a number of devices you define.

When you complete the form, it then submits it back via email. I use it for recording my inspections (afterwards and hands clean) on my phone then pickup the records at home on my pad to deal with.

Very good especially as you can have optional questions depending on previous answers, for example if I answer No to Queen seen, it then asks me if I saw eggs.

Very nifty tool.

Down loaded it but haven't a clue how to sign in?
Vm

Down loaded it but haven't a clue how to sign in?
Vm

Done on the website, I think. www.devicemagic.com

The "device linking" is what you pay for, but "one device" seems to be free (link below the price tables).

There's a video demo and a blog discussing how to use the features.
There's a link there to documentation.

You design the forms with your web browser and 'publish' them to your mobile device.

Lots of cool features, like including a photo as a data field (and being able to annotate it with 4 colours of scribble!)

Yep, very handy. Thoroughly recommend.

Takes about 2 mins to register on you computer, another 10 minutes or so to design your form. After that you are good to go.

Let IT Bee

Not iphone but windows but worth a look at the Imagine Cup 2012 - Software Design programme called Let IT Bee (Korea) its on YouTube

It appears to be an automated beehive monitoring system as a concept looks potentially useful but no idea if its on the market as yet or the cost

I use beetight for record keeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Don't you have to pay to be able to use the mobile version of Beetight?

I use it, too, though I am not great at recording, as I would be worse at storing paper documents, which I hate.

I use it, too, though I am not great at recording, as I would be worse at storing paper documents, which I hate.

Correct, but the cost is under a tenner a year. Rather than grind out the hive records sitting at your desk, you can update them on Beetight anywhere you can get a signal on your smartphone.

I'm always a fan of flexibility in beekeeping matters.....

Yes, I pay, I think it's about £9 a year. I use the mobile and the pc version. I think it's well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Correct, but the cost is under a tenner a year. Rather than grind out the hive records sitting at your desk, you can update them on Beetight anywhere you can get a signal on your smartphone.

I'm always a fan of flexibility in beekeeping matters.....

I am in my second year of paying for Beetight. I was merely pointing out that access to mobile isn't part of the basic package.

Have printed off QR codes for the hives but not got round to using them. Hoping the missus might record when she is with me.

The reviews left on the app site are none too good

The reviews left on the app site are none too good

Why is that? I had a problem for a while with the iPad version refusing to update, but it works well enough on all platforms, now.

Back