Interest from the Muslim community

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found out why Honey is so important to the Muslim community.

In the Charbagh, or paradise garden, four water canals typically carry water into a central pool or fountain, interpreted as the four rivers in paradise, filled with milk, honey, wine and water

The gift of honey is interpreted as supporting the passage to paradise.

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this?
The deli who sells our honey has noticed an upsurge of interest in 'local' honey from the Muslim community. So much so that any labels which say:
"Pure"
"Unprocessed"
"Local"
literally fly off the shelves.

Most of my customers are Asian and the majority of them are Muslim.

Bees and honey are central to the quran, but must be unadulterated, which of course, ours is.

I have a Muslim clientele, I have been asked if I adulterate the honey with sugar. Which is something beekeepers in Pakistan do.

Not just Pakistan, but many parts of the subcontinent and parts of Eastern Europe, too, including Turkey.

In the Charbagh, or paradise garden, four water canals typically carry water into a central pool or fountain, interpreted as the four rivers in paradise, filled with milk, honey, wine and water
Wine?

The NHS has always advised against feeding honey to babies under 12 months due to the risk of botulism.

I always filter my honey through a double mesh stainless steel filter then for total purity some muslin mesh..... Guessing that's not the same thing as being discussed here though... I'll get my coat....

Latest posts

Back