Installation....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many boxes have you got in the stack ?

How are they getting into the roof space ? At the top of the hive you should have the quilt (a box with a hessian bottom that you fill with shavings) and the roof sits on top of that - have you got the hive set up correctly ?

Yes I have the hive set up correctly, but outside of the hive, there is a small space between the surface of the roof and the platform under the roof the closes off the hive. That where the bees are hanging out.

Yes I have the hive set up correctly, but outside of the hive, there is a small space between the surface of the roof and the platform under the roof the closes off the hive. That where the bees are hanging out.

So they are 'bearding' on the outside of the roof ? Are they there day and night ? Back to one of my earlier questions - how many boxes have you got in the stack ?

ok, the cluster in the roof space issue has been solved. I shook the cluster in a small box, and they stayed there. I believe there was or is a queen somewhere in the cluster. The cluster is very small, hopefully they will develop into a full hive.

Latest posts

Back