incorrect labeling??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thurrock bees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All

Ive had a customer brought possible problem to my atten. concerning one of my labels from thornes. The Granulation label. he stated that i could be sued if someone burns their themselfs after following the instructions on the said label and he added it should have a warning like '' contects may be hot'' Below is a word for word copy of the label. Any comments are welcome.

.........Granulated Honey
All pure honey will granulate,in fact this change is the best proof of its quality.It can easily be restored to the liquid state.
1, Loosen the top and stand in hot water. heat very gently untill the honey becomes liquid. OR
2, remove cap and place in a microwave oven on the lowest power.
Remember , the honey in the centre of the jar will continue to become liquid after heating time has finished......................

Stay in bed ,ere someone sues you for summat of other :rofl:

John Wilkinson

I would be more worried that somebody will "remove the cap and place in a microwave oven on lowest power"

Hi All

Ive had a customer brought possible problem to my atten. concerning one of my labels from Th**nes. The Granulation label. he stated that i could be sued if someone burns their themselfs after following the instructions on the said label and he added it should have a warning like '' contects may be hot'' Below is a word for word copy of the label. Any comments are welcome.

.........Granulated Honey
All pure honey will granulate,in fact this change is the best proof of its quality.It can easily be restored to the liquid state.
1, Loosen the top and stand in hot water. heat very gently untill the honey becomes liquid. OR
2, remove cap and place in a microwave oven on the lowest power.
Remember , the honey in the centre of the jar will continue to become liquid after heating time has finished......................

Considering what happened re apple turnovers (or similar) in McRubbish it maybe better to have an amended label!:)
Regards
TBRNoTB

It is possible to do it in the microwave but perhaps not to be recommended, as you have to be careful even set at a low power setting its surprising the temperature the honey can get to, I have done it on a couple of jars for myself but would not recommend it.

Stay in bed and get bedsores... I am suing...

I give up... sheesh....what ever next.

PH

do microwave ready meals say that the contents may be hot after heating if not then I wouldn't worry about the honey labels.

The obviuous and simple way round it is to be precise and mention a maximum temperature (50 degrees?) for the honey and insert 'jar' or 'honey' after the word 'place' in second method.

KISS principle in operation for the idiots out there.

At times one needs to be precise (or even pedantic!).

Regards, RAB

do microwave ready meals say that the contents may be hot after heating if not then I wouldn't worry about the honey labels.
Some do! beware of steam etc. With the amount of com-pen-say-shun legal parasites out there, its best be on the safe side unfortunately.:)

I print my own with the wording using the Avery labelling template in Word 2160- mini address at 6.5, 65 labels per sheet obtainable from most craft shops.
"All honey will granulate. In fact, this is the best proof of its quality. It can easily be restored to its liquid state by gentle heating 50C max in a water bath with the lid loosened, or it can be microwaved with the lid removed on a very low setting."

Any use?

Latest posts

Back