IMPORTANT Deadline for registration of poultry

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought he was having difficulty pronouncing sloth

:)

It's a Terry Pratchett reference, or at least I understood it to be such.

I'd be surprised if you don't have at least a passing familiarity with Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven", the most famous line of which is probably "Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore'". In a number of Pratchett's Discworld books there is a character, a talking raven, called Quoth (for obvious reasons) who refuses to speak "the N-word".

(Quoth is actually the mount of the Death of Rats, but claims he's only in it for the eyeballs.)

James

I regularly wonder when reading articles like that one, whether the author actually believes what they're writing, or if it's basically just a dog-whistle piece, written to "appeal" to their target audience (who one assumes must lack the intellectual capacity to consider the topic in any depth themselves).

I'm amused by the idea that someone in Whitehall might be thinking that they need to crack down on all these self-sufficient weirdos before it all gets out of hand. Damn! There might be as many as a few thousand of them! We can't have them rocking the boat or there'll be chaos.

James

Latest posts

Back