I quit now.......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laugh at you openly as by my reckoning you will spend every wakening hour of the day inspecting them... Let alone chasing 20 swarms a day in swarming season..

Say 15 minutes an inspection - including notes (you'll need a very big book..), That is 119 hours and 45 minutes every week out of a total of 168 hours leaving you just 48 hours and 15 minutes to eat and sleep...

Not much time for posting here then! :eek:

Yehhhh .. but think of the Kudos I would gain from Finman !! And ... forget sleep and eating ... you have not factored in hive building and maintenance ... !!!

Perhaps, on second thoughts, I will have to settle for 2 hives ... oh well, another year below the Finman radar ....

That project is just a piece of cake.

Life is too short to build up beekeeping But luckily the truck is not short..

You just buy a bee truck and you turn from 1 hive owner to 1 bee truck owner.

You may nail such mesh onto hives that swarms cannot escape.

Truck%20Load%20of%20Bees.jpg

In picture, Pargyle , the 1-truck owner.

But what are those dark spots against sky? Are they going to swarm however?

Last edited:
That project is just a piece of cake.

Life is too short to build up beekeeping But luckily the truck is not short..

You just buy a bee truck and you turn from 1 hive owner to 1 bee truck owner.

You may nail such mesh onto hives that swarms cannot escape.

But what are those dark spots against sky? Are they going to swarm however?

Think BIGGER trucks ... more hives ... more bees.... more honey ... more money.

:D:D:D

You could improve Fareham by turning it into a giant lorry park...

spring chickens of course

And here are my new Girls ... born and bred in Fareham and pretty as they come in their party frocks .. got them last week to replace the ex-battery ones that have passed away. Still have two of the old flock, Camilla and Kate but they are old ladies now and I can't bring myself to wring their necks .. camilla still rules the roost - the two youngsters already know their place in the pecking order.

They are Sussex White Cross breeds ... should do about 280m eggs a year ... following in the Royal theme of names (the deceased ones were Diana, Beatrice, Elizabeth and Eugenie) these two are now Zara and George (Don't ask ... I don't get involved in naming them !).

Zara and George are the white hens ... the other two our ex battery old ladies.

Still have two of the old flock, Camilla and Kate but they are old ladies now and I can't bring myself to wring their necks .. camilla still rules the roost - the two youngsters already know their place in the pecking order.

you're a lucky guy to have such a regal harem Philip :)

you're a lucky guy to have such a regal harem Philip :)

I wasn't so sure last night when I was trying to get them back into the run and the two new ones were being definite 'Teenagers' ... would go anywhere but back in the run for the night ..ignored offerings of food and threats. Eventually our labrador got behind them and they were, clearly, more influenced by his nose up their backsides than my cajoling and exhortations !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back