I quit now.......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ....

It's only flattery when it's not true .... if someone say they like your shirt or tie ... offer to swap it for theirs !! You'll soon find out where the truth lies !!

Gilding the lily maybe..
In a similar vein, you shouldnt criticise someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, because then you're not only a mile away from them but you also have their shoes.

"6. Never, unless you are requested to do so, speak of your own business or profession in society; to confine your conversation entirely to the subject or pursuit which is your own specialty is low-bred and vulgar"
Probably why I spend so much time on this forum.

Gilding the lily maybe..
In a similar vein, you shouldnt criticise someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, because then you're not only a mile away from them but you also have their shoes.

Can't criticise that .... What size shoes do you take ? Mine are looking a bit thin on the soles ...

Isn't referring to faux pas actually in breach of rule #28?

I'd wondered that, but considering its a commonly used term in English, and my first language is Welsh anyway, I thought it might go under the radar.

oh I think you knew exactly what you were saying, you.... you.....one hive owner, you!

Oh ... that's really cut me to the core ... what will you all do for insults next year when my planned expansion to 479 hives in my back garden is accomplished ?

:smilielol5::smilielol5::gnorsi:

Oh ... that's really cut me to the core ... what will you all do for insults next year when my planned expansion to 479 hives in my back garden is accomplished ?

I'm just reading up on correct etiquette for ladies in preparation for our forum dinner party.

*titters from behind fan and goes off to practice the spinet*

dogging

once had a tyre blow out whilst heading out of Leicester on the A47 at around 7pm 10 years back - luckily just before the Billesdon Layby.

in the time it took me to get out of the car, nip to the phone box for location , get back in the car and turn light on in order to read RAC number the first "visitor" arrived.

Experienced similar drive-by every 10 minutes until the recovery man arrived over an hour later.

Our immediate thoughts were that the RAC/AA etc should employ doggers in order to get faster response times.

Last edited:
once had a tyre blow out whilst heading out of Leicester on the A47 at around 7pm 10 years back - luckily just before the Billesdon Layby.

in the time it took me to get out of the car, nip to the phone box for location , get back in the car and turn light on in order to read RAC number the first "visitor" arrived.

Experienced similar drive-by every 10 minutes until the recovery man arrived over an hour later.

Our thoughts were that the RAC/AA etc should employ doggers in order to get faster response times.

Clearly a drone congregation area in the Billesdon Layby !!

Laugh at you openly as by my reckoning you will spend every wakening hour of the day inspecting them... Let alone chasing 20 swarms a day in swarming season..

Say 15 minutes an inspection - including notes (you'll need a very big book..), That is 119 hours and 45 minutes every week out of a total of 168 hours leaving you just 48 hours and 15 minutes to eat and sleep...

Not much time for posting here then! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back