I need help with beekeeping equipment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little bee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello Im a new beekeeper and I would like to get some advise from you about bee hive. What kind of bee hive could you recommend me? British National or Polystyrene Langstroth which I saw on ebay. Is the wooden better that poly? Could somebody give me any advise. I will be grateful for any information:)

Hello and welcome.

You will find that any 2 beekeepers will give you 3 opinions on anything; plus that's quite a big question.

There is a thread running on the forum on what hive to choose, and there was one a little while ago on what equipment to have. I would suggest trawling through the forum- either use the search facility, or just scroll through the pages looking for likely thread titles. This will g!ive you some ideas to go on with, then you can ask smaller questions which are easier to respond to.

Happy reading!

Yes I was looking at the forum arleady but I cana find any information abt polystyrene bee hive:willy_nilly:

two big proponents of poly hives on here

'rooftops'

'PolyHive'

hello little bee.

If you are in Stonehaven I knew it well.

There is a great deal to be said for poly over timber esp in your location.

The main type in your spot is National and at the moment there is no supply (that I know of) of National at the moment in poly.

Update. Just been informed that Nat will be available with in the next few weeks. Better still it will be high quality Swienty poly.

PH

Personally National.

try www modern beekeeping co uk

remove spaces & add full stops - Think there now doing poly Nationals. Thought about it, but didn't. Hope it works out.

Few questions first where abouts is stoneheven? Do you suffer from a bad back? What strain of bee do you have/are getting?

Back