I’m on my way!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you’ve seen lots of newbies with the same outlook maybe it might be worth pondering why?

It’s not the advice that’s the problem.

Thank you for your good wishes.
You are reading something in to my post(s) that is not there ... just look back into the archives and perhaps wind your neck in a bit ...

If you’ve seen lots of newbies with the same outlook maybe it might be worth pondering why?

It’s not the advice that’s the problem.

Thank you for your good wishes.
Why do I get the impression that this whole thread has been engineered?

Bizarre yes. Unknown? Not by a long chalk!

Extraordinary. Well anyway. I am not a troll (yes yes that’s exactly what a troll would say) but I don’t suppose I can prove it. I could take a photo of my as yet still in bits hives if it would help?

I found a bumble in my bath this afternoon, a bit wet from a remaining puddle. Waved a leg weakly when disturbed. Absolutely no idea how she got there! Maybe on a cat through the catflap?! Gave her some syrup on a bit of paper towel and after about 10 minutes she livened up a lot and started to fly so was released outdoors & flew off.
I should have taken a pic to identify species.

Let's cut FidoDido some slack, eh? A few weeks back I came across a pollen laden honey bee on the ground in Market street, Pontypridd. I picked her up and warmed her in my hands before finding some flowers by Clwb y Bont to place her out of harms way. ;)
Thank you for this. I wouldn’t really have taken her home - I did consider that she needed to be in familiar territory. But I did really want to go back and check on her. The tree I sat her in was in the garden of a restaurant and it occurred to me later that they might have let me have some sugar water to take away, as it were.

YouTube videos are useful too although there are so many different points of view.
Good UK beekeeping channels are hard to find. My recommendations would be:

Energyhill bees - Quirky are funny. Just ignore the most recent ones about pollen analysis which are a bit boring (sorry Helen).

John Bee Man Saunders - Relaxed viewing.

Phil Chandler - Mainly topbar hives. A more bee centric approach to beekeeping.

BIBBA/National Honey Show - Lots of presentations to look at

Unfortunately, the above channels have largely stopped posting new videos, but there is a large back catalogue to work through. There are others that no doubt you will be recommended, but for me the presenters have lost the joy of keeping bees and it is now a commercial exercise for them.

What kind of hive did you buy?

absolute waste of money and do nothing for the welfare of bumble bees - they are simply a method of gulling the gullible
Awww ...shucks. Argyle Enterprises has missed another trick to aid the journey towards billionaireship !

Latest posts

Back