How to manage BKA Membership online?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simoncav

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi all,
Our local BKA continues to grow and is close to breaking the 200 mark. Collecting membership subs and maintaining personal records is a chore so last year we started using Web Collect an online membership service.

However, it's a nightmare to use in practice and is tying us in knots. We are too big to go back to a manual system, so does any other BKA out there use any other online service?

Thanks

Simon

Hi all,
Our local BKA continues to grow and is close to breaking the 200 mark. Collecting membership subs and maintaining personal records is a chore so last year we started using Web Collect an online membership service.

However, it's a nightmare to use in practice and is tying us in knots. We are too big to go back to a manual system, so does any other BKA out there use any other online service?

Thanks

Simon

I belong to Sheffield BKA not sure what they use but try contact through the website they may be able to help.

What are you actually trying to collect?

KISS and try not to involve 3rd parties you don't need. We give members 3 payment options : cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Look here Gwent membership form
Someone may have a easier method and form but this was the best I could do after being thrown in at the deep end and cut down on postage etc.
Everything else is on google docs, not the best solution but given distance between administers, it's proved very useful compared to emailing etc.

I belong to Sheffield BKA not sure what they use but try contact through the website they may be able to help.

I'm on the committee. It's a manual process at SBKA still and sounds like hell on earth. I just do the monthly minutes!

Online Collection?

I'm the secretary of a club withover 300 members who pay subs. We use an Excel spreadsheet which does all that is required . Why complicate matters?

Had a look at WC and as far as I can see you're wasting your time and members money. We have 200 members too, mainly in Gwent with have some in Powys, Hereford, Gloucester, Avon and 1 in London

All you need is freely available :
Record keeping: Excel/open office or online such as G Docs.
Payments collected free cash/cheque sent to your membership sec or direct transfer into bank account.
Number crunching: free- membership/treasurer etc

If you need any help there are several of us on here that should be able to help out via pm, email or GD's?

Pm'd

Last edited:
My association now allow us to pay membership via PayPal

I'm the secretary of a club withover 300 members who pay subs. We use an Excel spreadsheet which does all that is required . Why complicate matters?

Same system as us, we hold it in the BDI/BBKA format on an Excel spreadsheet and use the same BDI Esystem to issue our BBKA/BDI recipts for beecraft and BKQ by email

Last edited:
In Ipswich and East Suffolk we have an online form to collect details and calculate payment - http://www.suffolkbeekeepers.co.uk/esbka-form2014.php , which works well, then payment is via bank transfer or post a cheque to the treasurer. I am guessing the information collected via the form is just dropped in to an excel spreadsheet.

Rich.

Latest posts

Back