How much snow did you get?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12cms and lots of ice: our pond is still frozen..

Three inches over two days. Temperature got down to -1.5. Then it rained overnight and despite severe weather warnings of ice it was all gone yesterday morning with a balmy 6 degrees

Still sunbathing here

May change soon, they forecast a frost tonight, doubt it will be much though, hope not too much to come as, soon be time to put tomato, cucumber and melon plants out.

Last edited:
There cheap as chips now , and easy to use no ballast! When did hive maker plant his tomato seed in the autumn:paparazzi:

You can do them now if you have the means, if you have the required equipment you can be up and running with tommies 1ft high before anyone has even planted a seed.

You can do them now if you have the means, if you have the required equipment you can be up and running with tommies 1ft high before anyone has even planted a seed.

Indeed, surprising what can be grown using the right equipment:winner1st::nono::ack2::gnorsi::toetap05::spy:

Indeed, surprising what can be grown using the right equipment:winner1st::nono::ack2::gnorsi::toetap05::spy:

The world is your Oyster if you know the score.. the first year i tried i got locked up..:serenade: .. just kidding :rolleyes: .. anyway i know of a friend who grew Strawberries (Truthfully) under controld lighting/irrigation and he said they where the sweetest he has tasted .

Last edited:
The world is your Oyster if you know the score.. the first year i tried i got locked up..:serenade: .. just kidding :rolleyes: .. anyway i know of a friend who grew Strawberries (Truthfully) under controld lighting/irrigation and he said they where the sweetest he has tasted .

:iagree: I've got my tea shirt to .

When did hive maker plant his tomato seed in the autumn

Five days ago, plus melons and cucumber. Tomato seedlings just started to shoot, melons already 1 inch tall and cucumbers yet to show.
Lettuce also an inch high.
88 strawberry plants of various breeds just starting to put out new growth.

In a previous life had 4 acres of tomatoes ,started under artifical lighting would pick tomatoes end january,looking back costs horrendous

In a previous life had 4 acres of tomatoes ,started under artifical lighting would pick tomatoes end january,looking back costs horrendous

I've grown up to eighty before, but come to realize that ten is plenty.

Back