How many people on the forum use National deeps instead of supers?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can you send me any contact detail DrS? It sounds just what I am after. Does it do 14 x 12? Thanks

Life is strange ...

Beekeeping seems to appear and appeal to men as they get older and more thoughtful in life rather than when they are young, fit, strong, flexible, and healthy.

For me it came several years after I had crushed discs doing far less enjoyable activities...

Now I no longer wear my pants on the outside well not unless they are knitted and have a pouch for a hot water bottle.

Sam

I was considering demaree with 14*12 on my 6 hives next year but am not sure now...

can you send me any contact detail DrS? It sounds just what I am after. Does it do 14 x 12? Thanks

Giordan extractors come set up for the frame size you ask for. And ours came drill included (although we will be buying a suitable budget spare next season for when it gives out). Still, much cheaper than the full electric and it works.

can I get it set up for all BS in 14 x 12 and Langstroths sizes?

i am six two and built like a brick out house , and i have had to carry deep langs to and fro when dealing with a commercial operation and it crippled me, if i was to go down the professional route , ie over 40 i would still use smaller frames because not only would i have to buy big exspensive extrators £3800 in total i hear mentioned i would also have to buy evan more equipment so i did not lift them by hand but by machine say another couple of thousand again so thats lots of money spent and for no return, sorry but that dont economical sence to me, we were always told that two small extractors going were easier to to finance than one big one

:iagree:Says it all really... a stuffed-full deep super is really heavy*, and hard to handle without getting clumsy! Not enough extra return, and the extra effort uses up some of the time saved in any case. If I really wanted to have all the boxes the same size (which I don't for several reasons) I'd probably go for the Rose one-size box.

I *have* occasionally shoved a BS box onto a hive if there weren't any spare shallows and they were really going like a train. But I put unwired thin foundation on them and used them for nice, big pieces of cut comb. For this I just lifted the frames out individually. I also used one or two of the BS honey frames as extra stores for nucs.

*:rolleyes:I say this despite the fact that the only school sport I was ever picked first for was the Tug-of-War!!

I bought a Maisem*** supplied 9 frame radial electric extractor at Stoneleigh this year, good show price (In fact I got the last one) and am very happy with it. 1st extraction run this year was OSR and I had approx 10 BS deep frames to do as well as several supers. The ability to extract the deep frames (even though it takes longer tangentially) one a bonus but due to weight and comfort of handling I would always stick to shallows for the main honey crop! They get heavy enough when full nevermind a full deep!

Latest posts

Back