How Healthy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobl

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Haven't been able to inspect yet, temps not high enough but put the inspection board in for two days, appreciate your opinions please. Appears they are on three frames and some varroa but not does appear high to me?

Attachments

• IMG_20160412_132757223 (1).jpg
    IMG_20160412_132757223 (1).jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 84
Difficult to say from a thumbnail pic. You could do a daily mite count on the board over 7 days (easier to count rather than leaving the board for 7 days and count) and go to Beebase website, enter your number and hey presto they tell you if it is high or not and when you may need treatment: http://www.nationalbeeunit.com/public/BeeDiseases/varroaCalculator.cfm

Haven't been able to inspect yet, temps not high enough but put the inspection board in for two days, appreciate your opinions please. Appears they are on three frames and some varroa but not does appear high to me?

Eight mites dropping in two days is quite a drop for this time of year, i aim for less than one a day and often at this time my drop is as low as one per week

the mite population is about 200 according to NBU calculator

Last edited:
you might want to put a single tub of apiguard on in an eke above the brood box for three weeks just to knockj then back a bit, closed crown board feed holes, varroa board in, and insulation above the crown board as it is still a bit cold for apiguard

Thanks for the replies, I will consider treating.

Latest posts

Back