How can I start a members only blog/info site?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
I go to a weekly bee-keeping session, and help out as a volunteer. Several other attendees have asked if we could start a site we can go to for:
  • Records
  • Events
  • Pictures
  • History
  • Anything else we can think of

It would have to cost nothing (surprise surprise), be easy to run (no computer geeks) and private so that only attendees can get in.

Anyone have any ideas how I can do this or even if it is possible? TY TY not worthy

Have a look at beetight dot com
Not sure about the pics but it does all the others (I think)

There are several large operators that allow controlled access to a group function as an option, including Google, Yahoo and Facebook, There are business oriented sites that may offer a basic free option. Or you could share items on a service like dropbox.

Thank-you. At teh moment I am trying weebly, although for many bits they charge it does seem to be simpler than some I looked at. Hopefully it'll work out - Stand by for ranting when I get really frustrated! :D

We are currently using a Google Group to exchange info etc. against a proposed turbine. It allows us to upload doc's, pics and links all FOC.
It is resticted access to members invited by the group 'controller'.
May be worth a look.

Well Beetight costs us nothing and we run all our association apiary hives on this without problems.

Latest posts

Back