hornets?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief, why has that bloke got a hornet crawling over his nose??!!

interesting stuff...

If this was sent yesterday I would have probably relaxed a little last night when a European Hornet flew in through the window attracted by the light of the fish tank.... I have not moved so fast in ages!!

I caught it in a pint glass and chucked it outside. Unfortunately the door swung shut a little and caught the rim of the glass on the door shattering it in my hand and spreading glass over the garden.

Even after throwing it out, it came back and was worried one of the pets may eat it or may sting my little boy, so I caught it again and popped it in the freezer.
If I knew they were gentle giants I would have persisted in evicting it... I feel bad now :(

Didn't seem as grumpy as the red thorax and head version (asian?) that live near the bees...

I brought some wasp traps from beterware and have lots of success.

The recipe to attract them is 5 teaspoons of sugar, half a teaspoon of washing up liquid, in to a cup of water and then add a teaspoon of vinigar as this keeps the Bees away

Certainly does for me, Never had any Bees in my trap only wasps.

Latest posts

Back