honey warming box

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
10+
hello all,

I'm fed up looking around on the net for a warming box to hold 2 x 30lbs tubs !!! ,is there anyone on the forum that builds them ??please :sifone:

How about building one, construct a box insulated with polystyrene complete with lid but with a shelf to hold the tubs underneath which install a 60w light bulb, the heat from the bulb is enough to warm the honey but not boil it

How about building one, construct a box insulated with polystyrene complete with lid but with a shelf to hold the tubs underneath which install a 60w light bulb, the heat from the bulb is enough to warm the honey but not boil it

:iagree:

need to get the bulb quick because they are being banned soon. if you go to a homebrew shop they do flat wort warmers for beer making, look like place mats that should work in the box. if u dont have a local one use this one www.brewathome.co.uk. the site is a bit poor but melvyn the guy that runs the shop is very good, and the deliver. the shop is in worthing west sussex. its quite good for other bits and bobs to.

need to get the bulb quick because they are being banned soon. if you go to a homebrew shop they do flat wort warmers for beer making, look like place mats that should work in the box. if u dont have a local one use this one www.brewathome.co.uk. the site is a bit poor but melvyn the guy that runs the shop is very good, and the deliver. the shop is in worthing west sussex. its quite good for other bits and bobs to.

the heat pads they use for warming up tanks for lizards are pretty cheap too, thin as paper. Just another option.

I have a polystyrene fish box which just holds a 30lb rectangular bucket, with space underneath for a couple of 11w mini-fluorescent tubes. Nice gentle heat, board over the top, jobs a good'un.

I've got an old small chest feezer. The bulb sits at the bottom with a tray on supports above it and on that sits a single 30lb bucket. If I want to warm two I put the bulb in a corner and trun the buckets about 3 times during the process, of course two buckets take longer than a single. I also found a 60w bulb was too hot.

Frisbee

Latest posts

Back