Honey Warmer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
4 Hives
I bought a plywood/insulated (looks like Kingspan) honey warmer from one of the big U.K. suppliers, the instructions said it would “gas” on first use, I presume this is solvents, insulation fumes or damp being driven off by the heat. I have had it on for about 12 hrs now to drive off any “gas” before using it with honey in. It still lets off “gas” when I open it up.
Has anyone experienced this and can they advise how long you have to use it before this stops, I would prefer not to put honey in it, even sealed, until it gives up the “gas”.
Thanks Nick

I have no direct experience of your unit but in general, if materials are giving off fumes the only plan really is keep it warm until it stops.

Good luck

PH

That is worrying.....
Possibly materials used in construction not supposed to be heated?
Does it have an approved fire safety certificate??

I up-cycled a redundant larder type refrigerator... tube heater and fan plus an ST1000 thermostat.

Nadelik Lowen

sorry if a bit off topic

Nadelik Liwen

All heating elements give off fumes on first use or if they have not been used for a long time

Here we go again!

Common sense seems to go out the window. It's not going to kill you and your honey will be in closed containers inside it.
The smell and the newness will go and the honey warming cabinet will be fine.
If you paint a cold central heating radiator and when dry turn it on you will get a smell coming off it as it warms up. Not pleasant but I am not aware of anyone suffering ill effects.

Latest posts

Back