Honey uncappers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
On FleaBuy at moment... 3 hours to go is a very used Maxant heated honey uncapper... bid up to a delerious £90! + the inevitable postage
Maxant's website prices it at $125.. thats about £77.00 !

Think I will stick with my blade and hot water!

anyone use a hot heater knife?

:rant:

Why are you using hot water?

Far better to use cold water and a cold cloth to wipe with.

Wax and heat are not bonny fellow travellers.

We suffer from the Eastern Europeans using comb honey to sweeten tea. Straight into a cold water bath to wash the cup clean.

PH

it must be tradition... grandad used hot water?

will try cold water....... so why do they sell hot/heated uncappers?

Very hot blade so that the wax melts and drips off.

Used one... not much fun and not good for the honey it touches.

PH

At one of our groups' meetings last September we were working on 'how to harvest your honey'. We were shown how to use a hot air gun with a long thin attachment to uncap the honey. The hot air is gently run down the cells and it simply shrinks back the cappings and leaves no residue - brilliant!
Louise

At one of our groups' meetings last September we were working on 'how to harvest your honey'. We were shown how to use a hot air gun with a long thin attachment to uncap the honey. The hot air is gently run down the cells and it simply shrinks back the cappings and leaves no residue - brilliant!
Louise

Sounds like a video project for HP :D

Yes Louise but............. it is not as simple as it looks..........

PH

the down side with the hot air gun method is that you can not try to hard other wise you mix the melted wax with the honey and for someone like me it does no good as i do want to remove wax as well as honey as one of my crops, to uncapp i i use is a flippin big bread knife

Latest posts

Back