honey shops or bee interest in Paris

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
Heading to paris for a week soon but have been given permission to check out some local honey shops or other bee related activity!!!!!! i have googled a couple of places in paris but was wondering if anyone had any personal recommendations? :):):)

Various public gardens have apiaries; two bee-related shops. Google is your friend. We were there in the early summer but never quite got to any of them (too much else on....).

Our recent trip to Lisbon, we made the bee supplies shop. Which was closed for August. Le fail :(

Honey Shop - Paris

I am going to Paris in November and read about the Maison du Miel in a book on holiday so am going to see with great excitement!

'Since 1905, the Maison du Miel has stood on the same narrow street near L’Opéra on rue Vignon, an outpost of all things honey from fragrant soaps and vinegar to sweetcakes and frosted candy balls.

For the store’s honey-tastings, customers are limited to four spoonfuls, barely enough to get a full sense of the bounty. But that gives employees time to offer a snap lesson on the distinct flavours and properties of each honey.'

I like the Hives on the rockery in the middle of Parc Monceau - but I suppose shopping is a better bet than bee-spotting in late October, or November !

i will be avoiding all shopping........... if i get a say but i doubt i will get a choice!!!!!

thanks Cathbee the Maison du Miel shop looks interesting will try and get a visit authorised by OH

About a dozen beautiful hives in a corner of the Luxemburg Gardens

cathbee i can report back about, La Maison du Miel, fantastic shop, so many types and flavours of honey and you can taste most of them, also various pollens and other bee related products, well 100% recommend a visit if your in the area,
bought myself some local paris honey, some acacia honey from south of france and some hone mustard..... if your into your mustard try http://www.maille.com/ amazing shop so many types and flavour and mustard on tap....

one word of warning.... don't forget the 100ml limit if traveling by air, i left mine with family to bring back vis Eurostar hopefuly they wont eat it all:cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:

Latest posts

Back